Cammy Bell On Wanted list

is bell now our limit? is he the height of our ambitions now? celtic have an england squad member and we have bell? really? lol

Our no.1 keeper has played internationally as well - not just a squad member. Remember we are talking about a BACKUP keeper.....Bell is a decent, proven keeper who would do a decent job when required.

Our no.1 keeper has played internationally as well - not just a squad member. Remember we are talking about a BACKUP keeper.....Bell is a decent, proven keeper who would do a decent job when required.

If we sign Bell, he'd be number 1.

If we sign Bell, he'd be number 1.

Why would you think that????

If they did that, I wouldn't blame Alexander if he requested a transfer. He waited long enough in McGregor's shadow - performing well when called upon. Again this season, he has done well - last weekends match being a prime example....nothing to do for long spells, then pulls off a crackin' save.

Rangers have an excellent record of improving goalkeepers. Since we signed Goram we've consistently taken good keepers and made them great keepers. We've taken a lot of this for granted, Allan McGregor was/is an exceptional player, that didn't happen by accident.

We rightly criticise the coaching department at times but when it comes to keepers we've excelled. I'd prefer us to allow one of the younger keepers to develop under Alexander myself, playing either Gallagher or Smith in a few games wouldn't do either any harm. I'd have hoped this level might allow us to develop them.

is bell now our limit? is he the height of our ambitions now? celtic have an england squad member and we have bell? really? lol we will forever be playing second fiddle to them if he is the level we are looking at. it will be yet another dud if ally has had any say on the matter, most of his tend to be wastes of money.

I repeat:

Give us some really good substitute for Bell then. Someone we can afford, someone who wants to come. Just to get a measure of your standards in this case.

is bell now our limit? is he the height of our ambitions now? celtic have an england squad member and we have bell? really? lol we will forever be playing second fiddle to them if he is the level we are looking at. it will be yet another dud if ally has had any say on the matter, most of his tend to be wastes of money.

Hold up... are you comparing like for like ? I dont think you are. Forster may be an England squad member but he is Celtic's FIRST choice keeper. Alexander has been a Scotland squad member and is still our FIRST choice.

Yet you are comparing Celtic's FIRST choice keeper with someone who would be our BACK-UP. Hardly a like-for-like comparison.

Don't kid yourself or let Celtic supporters kid you. Forster is an average GK who's had a couple of decent games against Barca. Bearing in mind, a lot of the Barca shots were in about his body. An England squad member? Only because the others are injured.

Bell is a good keeper who wouldn't command a high wage and also has plenty of experience. We could do a whole lot worse.

but not in the same league as lurch sadly.