Cammy Bell On Wanted list

Our no.1 keeper has played internationally as well - not just a squad member. Remember we are talking about a BACKUP keeper.....Bell is a decent, proven keeper who would do a decent job when required.

apparently he will be number 1. a horrifying thought.

Rangers have an excellent record of improving goalkeepers. Since we signed Goram we've consistently taken good keepers and made them great keepers. We've taken a lot of this for granted, Allan McGregor was/is an exceptional player, that didn't happen by accident.

We rightly criticise the coaching department at times but when it comes to keepers we've excelled. I'd prefer us to allow one of the younger keepers to develop under Alexander myself, playing either Gallagher or Smith in a few games wouldn't do either any harm. I'd have hoped this level might allow us to develop them.

charbonnier, waterreus, letizi, dibble nor christiensen filled me with any sort of confidence.

i do agree though i would like to see scott gall given a chance to see what he is like.

Hold up... are you comparing like for like ? I dont think you are. Forster may be an England squad member but he is Celtic's FIRST choice keeper. Alexander has been a Scotland squad member and is still our FIRST choice.

Yet you are comparing Celtic's FIRST choice keeper with someone who would be our BACK-UP. Hardly a like-for-like comparison.

how do you know he will be back up? because a rhag says so? alexander hasnt signed his new deal yet. bell may be his replacement.

I repeat:

Give us some really good substitute for Bell then. Someone we can afford, someone who wants to come. Just to get a measure of your standards in this case.

there are millions of good goalkeepers out there. who am i to know if they want to come or not? they need to be asked first. bell is a lazy choice, an easy choice, a cheap choice, perhaps an obvious choice.

if you want to know my standards of what i expect for a rangers goalie. our current number one is good enough for this level imo. i like him.

Why would you think that????

If they did that, I wouldn't blame Alexander if he requested a transfer. He waited long enough in McGregor's shadow - performing well when called upon. Again this season, he has done well - last weekends match being a prime example....nothing to do for long spells, then pulls off a crackin' save.

He's a better keeper than Alexander IMO. But of course, it's not down to me but that's just the hunsh I've got.

charbonnier, waterreus, letizi, dibble nor christiensen filled me with any sort of confidence.

i do agree though i would like to see scott gall given a chance to see what he is like.

Charbonnier was okay, he was unlucky with injury. Waterreus was a number 2 who came in and did a job when asked as did Dibble, Letizi looked poor, but he was barely at the club and replaced by McGregor who became an outstanding keeper. Christiansen has been Danish player of the year three times since leaving us, Stefan Kloss was ahead of him at Ibrox, how can you even begin to judge his ability?

there are millions of good goalkeepers out there. who am i to know if they want to come or not? they need to be asked first. bell is a lazy choice, an easy choice, a cheap choice, perhaps an obvious choice.

if you want to know my standards of what i expect for a rangers goalie. our current number one is good enough for this level imo. i like him.

You do understand the concept of back-up, I assume. Once Alexander gets injured (and stranger things have happened), your top choice is not available and the next best choice is an untried youngster. Hence my question. It seems that while you are quick to give your opinion on each and everyone, you cannot come up with a better choice. I assume you also understand the concept of market? As in: what do and can we look for and what is available. Available in terms of willingness to come to Scotland and play in the fourth and possible third tier of this country. If you adjust your standards to that, you might find Bell being an excellent choice in terms of age and experience. Once we are back in Europe, we should and most likely can adjust our standards accordingly.