while i admit its unlikely he will because of injury i believe if ness does fulfill his potential he will be one of the best midfielders scotland ever produces.

hes fantastic to watch.

Too one paced to achieve what you think he can.

Durrant was a far better talent.

while i admit its unlikely he will because of injury i believe if ness does fulfill his potential he will be one of the best midfielders scotland ever produces.

hes fantastic to watch.

couldn't agree more, gs. I was talking to a friend of mine about Ness after his performance against celtic two years back - this friend goes back to the early 1960s - "know who this kid Ness reminds me of?" I asked rhetorically upon meeting him for the first time after the game; we both gave the answer at the same time: Baxter.

Not saying he would be as good as Baxter, but there was *something* about the kid that made us both thing the same thing.

I do agree, though, that Durrant would have been one of the best midfielders ever to come out of Scotland if he hadn't been crippled by that ssc. I've never seen such raw talent as he had.

Too one paced to achieve what you think he can.

Durrant was a far better talent.

what sense do you mean pace?

hes plenty quick enough and his speed of though is one of his main assets. if your talking a burst of pace over 5 yards or something i dont think that will hold him back.

just as an aside i saw him play a long pass once hes rifled this bal but a players in front of him and it hits his face. it drops back down to his feet so its traveled 12 feet or so really fast. ness kills the ball dead and plays another pass direct to another player immediately. the speed of though and ability to control the ball were just magic.

Ness is a cracking player and I was sad that he decided to leave, but I'll be watching with interest to see how he develops and if he gets over his injury problems. In the long run he might actually have inadvertently helped the club dodge a bullet because when we're working with a smaller squad and on a more limited budget than we have in previous years, we simply can't afford to be paying good money to players who are regularly out injured for long periods.

I was probably more disappointed to see McCabe leave.

Interesting though when you consider that Murray Park gets a torrid time of not producing enough young players of quality and then you look at what it has produced.....

Ness, McCabe, Wylde, McKay, Aird, McLeod, Crawford, Perry, Hegarty, Cole, Hutton and a plethora more that I havent mentioned or have forgotten.

Murray Park isnt doing too bad a job, though not perfect.

None of the names you mention above have actually made it as a successful footballer. They've shown promise but that's about it. Mind you, the player has to take some of the responsibility for that.

None of the names you mention above have actually made it as a successful footballer. They've shown promise but that's about it. Mind you, the player has to take some of the responsibility for that.

think thats a bit strong.. some of these guys are still very young. how can they not be successful if there starting for mighty rangers week in week out

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Who?

One good kick against Celtic and he dissapeared.

Hutton was the better midfielder anyway.

You must have been watching different players than me.

Ness was a fantastic talent in fact imo probably the best potential player we have produced in years, problem was obviously a) injury prone and b) fitness levels. That game against Celtic he bossed the midfield until he tired and i remember a game against Caley where he had just come back from injury again and was clearly the best player we had on the park.

When you think he was pretty much always playing significantly below match fitness as well.

I do like Hutton also but he isn't in even remotely close to Ness for potential.