Bring me back, Ally

Young players need older players to learn from - otherwise they would get all the learning they need in the U21 leagues...

We have McCulloch, Alexander, Cribari, Wallace, Sandaza, Shiels, Black and Kyle to name a few that the younger players can learn from. How many older players do you think it would take to teach the younger ones?

Never been a big Miller fan....

With the exception of his final 1/2 season, where he scored his most goals ever in a season, he was never particularly prolific. Granted he did a lot of running and put in a lot of effort, but his goal stats were fairly poor to average for a seemingly top striker.

The club need to look forward, not backwards. They should be out scouting for new talent, that can be brought in cheap, then possibly sold at a later date for a handsome profit.

We have McCulloch, Alexander, Cribari, Wallace, Sandaza, Shiels, Black and Kyle to name a few that the younger players can learn from. How many older players do you think it would take to teach the younger ones?

Usually I'd like at least 8 experienced players in the team. At this level I'm happy to have less but think there should be more experienced players than inexperienced. Recently we've had about four. Sounds great for the kids but then what's the difference to playing in the SPL U21 league?

It seems taken as read here that SPL U21's should be better than SFL3 players and the more you play the better then surely playing in the SPL U21 league should develop you more than playing in a team full of youngsters in SFL3? But, but, but young players are "ruined" by that...

There is no logic on here when it comes to youngsters and that extends to the "I'll be patient with results if we play more youngsters" myth. The reaction after 11 wins and then a draw debunks that one. Kids are inconsistent for the most obvious of reasoning, and yes you can blame the experienced players but they are usually backed up on a bad day by other experienced players.

Our young players can't be great and our team crap simultaneously when there are so many in it.

Am I missing something? Week in, week out I read disgruntled fans complaining we don't score enough goals.. here we have a proven goalscorer who will bang in several goals against even SPL teams in most games and yet we are telling him to fuck off?

So what if he left twice? The first time he was pushed, the second time he jumped before he was pushed.

As for his age, I agree younger players are the way forward but I think even the fittest kids would struggle to keep up with his workload. Surely that can only be a good thing for pushing our team?

Did some of you guys not see the game yesterday? Must have been 70 percent possession at least. We needed a mobile striker and miller would have been perfect. If he wants to come back then I say get him in. Mercenary? Don't gies yer shite. Get a grip on reality ffs. Capitalism is the system on this planet get over it.

In a bit of a huff today. Big weekend :)

Am I missing something? Week in, week out I read disgruntled fans complaining we don't score enough goals.. here we have a proven goalscorer who will bang in several goals against even SPL teams in most games and yet we are telling him to fuck off?

So what if he left twice? The first time he was pushed, the second time he jumped before he was pushed.

As for his age, I agree younger players are the way forward but I think even the fittest kids would struggle to keep up with his workload. Surely that can only be a good thing for pushing our team?

I'd happily have him back. I remember when he was back for spell 2, I had my season ticket on club deck and people booed him to fuck. That is until he scored against them. ;)

Out of those, only Jig and Alexander have won more than a Scottish Cup. Its the right kind of experience we need, the win-at-all-costs mentality that drags you through periods of poor form to win games when you perhaps don't deserve it.