Bring me back, Ally

That particular mercenary can GTF.

Wants another suck of our tit because it would suit his domestic circumstances.

I'd also say he's past his best anyway. He hasn't exactly been a roaring success at clubs he's played for since he left us. And he's 34 later this year. What length of contract would he want? we've already got Jig contracted until near enough his 37th birthday which not best use of cash IMHO. We need to look at younger players for a number of positions but ideally they'd be mid-twenties or younger with resale value.

I don't have a problem with ex players coming back to train with us when they're on holiday, but Miller isn't the type of player we should be looking to sign unless he was willing to play for 5 grand a week tops.

While I sure agree on younger players, we need to remind ourselves of the standards we want, require, and are able to get for Division 2/3. By now I assume Miller knows what we can offer him wage-wise and if he's still willing to come, no problem. Our current problem is that we have only two out-and-out strikers in Kyle and Sandaza, with Hemmings the untried youngster in the background. It could well be that Sandaza finds his form soon enough and I would actually like to see him and Kyle up front together for a spell. Should the one drop out because of age and injury (Kyle) and the other not finding his form (Sandaza), we are left with Hemmings and possibly Crawford, an ageing McCulloch and a inside-right in Little. Naismith does not strike me as an out-and-out-striker. Some of the old hands will drop out anyway during our comeback phase. Thatswhy proven strikers willing to come to us should at least not be ignored.

I would take him now till the end of the season but not sure about the next - as long as his wage was in keeping with the current structure.

I think he could be a great player to teach a lot of wisdom to our young strikers. He's got quite a few attributes in his game compared to many - like Boyd, although the latter could be a great coach for the one discipline of putting the ball in the net.