Bring me back, Ally

Miller keen on third Gers spell

KENNY MILLER wants a return to Rangers.

The Scotland striker has revealed he would jump at the chance of a sensational THIRD spell at Ibrox.

Miller is under contract to Vancouver Whitecaps in the MLS but the 33-year-old is currently back in Scotland training with Ally McCoistâ??s squad to stay in shape. Gers canâ??t sign any new players until September 1, due to their transfer ban.

Miller said: â??There is no doubt I would come back.

â??Iâ??d definitely do it, itâ??s whether it could happen. You never know in football.

â??Rangers hold a strong place in my heart. When I was a kid I always wanted to play for the club.

â??I used to come through with my cousin to watch games regularly and I always said it was my dream to play for Rangers. I managed it not once but twice.

â??It didnâ??t quite work out the first time but I was lucky enough to come back and had a great two and a half years where we won leagues and cups.

â??It was the best time in my career in terms of form and goalscoring. I had a lot of highlights. The Old Firm games were massive and I seemed to pop up with goals in those matches.

â??Iâ??m delighted to be back at Murray Park. You miss the place. I always said when I was here it was an amazing place to come and work and that has not changed.

â??Itâ??s been brilliant to catch up with Ally McCoist, Kenny McDowall, Ian Durrant, Jim Stewart and the boys.â?

Millerâ??s last spell with Gers ended in January 2011 when he joined Turkish outfit Bursaspor.

But he added: â??I never wanted to leave.

â??At the time we were trying to negotiate a new deal and it was pretty much made clear to me that wasnâ??t going to happen.

â??I wish I could have stayed.â?

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/feeds/smartphone/scotland/4728802/Bring-me-back-Ally.html#ixzz2HBSSW9Hr

No problem with this Bear. Yes he's old by comparison, but he's that fit sort of footballer that has a few good years left (Caniggia, Weir). He is sure to cause havoc amongst the defence in Divi 2 and weigh in with goals too. Unless Sandaza finds his form soon and Hemmings gets back to his best on loan, McCoist will look for a more potent striker - for at the end of the day, McCulloch will not be able to go there next season again. While we have enough attacking potential, we lack a finisher or two.

Edited by der Berliner

He should never have been sold in Jan 2011, there were others who could have went before him.

I think Miller would have been 1 to switch his contract over last summer.

But it would be another 12 months before he could kick a ball for us which is the insane thing about signing players on Sept 1st this year then not being able to play them as the window is shut. Still an effing disgrace.

No problem with this Bear. Yes he's old by comparison, but he's that fit sort of footballer that has a few good years left (Caniggia, Weir). He is sure to cause havoc amongst the defence in Divi 2 and weigh in with goals too. Unless Sandaza finds his form soon and Hemmings gets back to his best on loan, McCoist will look for a more potent striker - for at the end of the day, McCulloch will not be able to go there next season again. While we have enough attacking potential, we lack a finisher or two.

Spot on, nobody has the ability to really put the ball in on a regular basis. I'd like to see Kenny back, he doesn't seem to lack fitness at all.

Guest Lloret1972

He had to leave the last time to reduce the wage bill. Everybody knows that but I wouldn't remotely believe he'd come back unless the money was 'right'.

â??Iâ??d definitely do it, itâ??s whether it could happen.

Whether it could happen is Millerspeak for can they meet my wage demands?

With all due respect we need to look at younger players than KM. I believe Goodwillie will try & get released from Blackburn at the end of this season & Ally would seem to like him as he's bid before when he was at DundeeUtd. He'll need to accept less than he's probably on at present as he's is no position to call the shots is he?