Charles Green on Talksport - 10.45 approx

CHARLES GREEN has revealed that Rangers have been invited by Europe’s top clubs to their annual conference – and yet remain uninvited to be involved in any discussions in Scotland.

Green and head of football administration Andrew Dickson are heading to Qatar for the European Club Association conference on February 5 and 6 where they will rub shoulders with elite in the game, including Umberto Gandini from AC Milan and Bayern Munich's Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, pictured above.

Despite Rangers’ current SFL 3 status, the ECA granted associate membership of their group in a formal letter last December because of Rangers’ reputation in Europe and the fact that they are founder members.

Former director John McClelland was a member of the ECA board for four years.

Charles Green told RangersTV: *“I went out last year to the conference to introduce myself and let them know where Rangers were going and trying to get to.

“We received a letter in December from the European Clubs Association and in that letter they stated that they agreed that Rangers today is the same Rangers and that was very refreshing to read.

“So to be endorsed by your peers – never mind what lawyers and the authorities might say – was a good thing.

“We are one of the founder members of the ECA and they decided that we should assume an associate membership and we are very grateful to them for that.

“They have been supportive and we have many friends and to be invited out to Qatar to participate in discussions is remarkable.

“The importance of this is the comparison to what happens in Scotland where we are not invited to any meetings, we can’t vote and we are not allowed to do anything.

“However, the European clubs are saying come out to Qatar, we’ll pay your air fares, we’ll pay your hotel bills and we want you to be part of it all because we recognise Rangers are one of the biggest clubs in Europe.

“We understand you can’t play in Europe at the moment but we still want you to be part of it all.

“In Scotland, we are nobody and we are nothing. Tell me where the madness lies.”

The ECA, chaired by Rummenigge, replaced the G14 group which was set up by Europe’s top clubs to discuss common interests and is recognised by UEFA and FIFA.

This love affair with all things english and British, is literally a one way street from our direction. If this does come off, and we do move to england, I think people are in for a rude awakening, if they think everyone will just welcome us with open arms. There's plenty of "celtic minded" people that live down here also, and add to that, the england/Scotland rivalry, and it's not the utopia that everyone seems to think it is.

Add to that, starting in the conference is kissing goodbye to european football for the best part of a decade, and it's quite clear that green is in fact talking pish, again. I'm sure he's just saying all this to try gain some leverage in his war with the sfa/spl, but it's so transparent, it's cringeworthy.

I really wish people would stop harping on about how our "dignified silence" policy caused us so much damage, and how great it is now we have someone spouting pish to anyone that will listen. Our old way made us the most successful club in world football, this new way, has pricks like Richard Keys, sniggering like a wee lassie at the man charged representing our club. He's the CEO of our club, not a washed up stand up comic, with rotten patter.

Edited by ComeOffit

This love affair with all things english and British, is literally a one way street from our direction. If this does come off, and we do move to england, I think people are in for a rude awakening, if they think everyone will just welcome us with open arms. There's plenty of "celtic minded" people that live down here also, and add to that, the england/Scotland rivalry, and it's not the utopia that everyone seems to think it is.

Add to that, starting in the conference is kissing goodbye to european fotball for the best part of a decade, and it's quite clear that green is in fact talking pish, again. I'm sure he's just saying all this to try gain some leverage in his war with the sfa/spl, but it's so transparent, it's cringeworthy.

I really wish people would stop harping on about how our "dignified silence" policy caused us so much damage, and how great it is now we have someone spouting pish to anyone that will listen. Our old way made us the most successful club in world football, this new way, has pricks like Richard Keys, sniggering like a wee lassie at the man charged representing our club. He's the CEO of our club, not a washed up stand up comic, with rotten patter.

Dear oh dear.

Dear oh dear.

Lol I knew I'd be forced to skim over a comeoffit quote at some point. Bloody half arsed ignore function ;)

Anyway, as usual I thoroughly enjoyed green's chat. If nothing else he draws attention to the disgusting hypocrisy of the people that run our game. He does talk some nonsense but he does it in the fashion of a man who is fighting my corner. Keep it up Charlie. Like the interviewer said to him " you were born for this weren't you?" :ns:

Edited by Cotter

Champions league music is a long way away from english non-league football. In fact, if we move to england, we can kiss goodbye to ever playing CL football again. You're right, charlie was born for this. Born to talk pish.

Can someone quote this, just to annoy cotter, lol