Charles Green on Talksport - 10.45 approx

David Murray's mismanagement created a chain reaction that lead to administration and liquidation of our holding company.

Just what has Green done to even compare to that?

Yes you're right. All the crookedness stopped the day saint green came on the scene. History will be the judge of them both, not you or I. Murray's only crime was making us the best team in Scotland for over a decade. Cirumstances beyond his control led us to where we are now. Whyte came along like a vulture to pick at the bones, and green is reaping the reward. The only people that will suffer are us, and the team. Id take Muray back in a heartbeat, if it meant green was gone. That's not an admiration of Murray, it's a disgust of green

You couldnt be more wrong. I rarely even mention Murray. Comparing green to Murray, is like comparing Hitler to Stalin.

man alive, we actually have some points of agreement, however comparing them to hitler and stalin is probably wonderfull trolling material my friend.

Yes you're right. All the crookedness stopped the day saint green came on the scene. History will be the judge of them both, not you or I. Murray's only crime was making us the best team in Scotland for over a decade. Cirumstances beyond his control led us to where we are now. Whyte came along like a vulture to pick at the bones, and green is reaping the reward. The only people that will suffer are us, and the team. Id take Muray back in a heartbeat, if it meant green was gone. That's not an admiration of Murray, it's a disgust of green

History will judge them yet you have already, you don't even seem to allow for a slight element or doubt, your mind is made up about Green even though he's done nothing to hurt us so far (I can acknowledge you're never certain what the future will bring. You're clearly very generous towards Murray, circumstances came out of his control because of his business practices.

So it wasnt a crime to build up 50 million in debt, underwrite it to write it off (a noble deed admittedly), state that the club wouldnt go back into such debt again.... and then promptly run up another 30 million of debt ? What led us to where we are now were SDM's actions which led to other circumstances outwith his control. HE allowed his businesses to be so heavily leveraged by bank debt that the bank effectively were running the show for him. I think it is folly to ignore the part he played in our demise, because he did play a part, and lay all of the blame at the hands of others.

Had SDM stuck to his word of not getting so far into debt again then LBG may not have had quite such an iron grip over us - and it may have meant we didnt sell to Whyte. Because it is being widely suggested that the sale was as a result of LBG pressure on SDM.

So I dont think it is accurate to state that "Murray's ONLY [emphasis added] crime was making us the best team in Scotland for over a decade]".

Also, our dominance had started 2 or 3 years prior to SDM buying us. It started with Souness and the foundations of our dominance were already set by the time SDM came in. He did, to be fair, continue that dominance...... but at what price ?

You couldnt be more wrong. I rarely even mention Murray. Comparing green to Murray, is like comparing Hitler to Stalin.

You've the one who continually uses Sir Minty as comparison to today's Rangers nobody else, so I find your post rather strange.

Of course Murray made mistakes, Craig. I just think he made them with the best intentions for Rangers. I think the diference I'm trying to point out, is he never, ever seen Rangers as a cash cow for his personal gain. This is quite unlike mr green and co.

Of course Murray made mistakes, Craig. I just think he made them with the best intentions for Rangers. I think the diference I'm trying to point out, is he never, ever seen Rangers as a cash cow for his personal gain. This is quite unlike mr green and co.

are you sure? rangers done wonders for his empire, no?

I am probably a fence sitter on this one....

Whereas others would point out some of the services and deals that he did to take money out of RFC pockets and into his own - he had Azure did he not and also sold the Albion to his son for a quid who then did the car parking - would that not be personal gain ? May not be significant but leads to personal gain, no ?

Even at that though, I dont have too much of a problem with people making personal gain from the club.... so long as the club also benefits. Personal gain and club gain need not be mutually exclusive. If we have a visionary in place (not saying Green is) and they can add greater value to the club than would have happened without said visionary... then I dont have too much of an issue with them getting some benefit of that too. Eg, if Green creates 10 million more value in RFC (whatever way it is... success on the pitch whilst not having any debt, saving interest costs etc etc) then I dont mind him taking his 2 million for that. Sure, the club lose out on 2 million... but it gains 10 million along the way, for a net gain of 8 million.

The above is obviously hypothetical and I know some dislike the notion of ANY money leaving the club, which is fair enough, I just take a wee bit of a laissez faire attitude to it.

Your having a laugh right there wasn't a company who serviced Rangers/Murray Park/Ibrox that he didn't have a piece of, he and his family made millions out of Rangers.