the delay of the shirt manufacturer

it's a question of dignity.

Rangers is a major name in European football and thus, we should be associated with either a major established brand (nike, adidas, puma, maybe umbro) or with a new, upcoming but 'cool' brand.

being associated with a no-name brand is a no-no.

A gentleman, in straightened times, may swap the Bentley for a Toyota or a Volkswagen - he would never consider a Fiat or a Lada.

Rangers is a major name in European football and thus, we should be associated with either a major established brand (nike, adidas, puma, maybe umbro) or with a new, upcoming but 'cool' brand.

A gentleman, in straightened times, may swap the Bentley for a Toyota or a Volkswagen - he would never consider a Fiat or a Lada.

Come the Autumn, you'll see their product being worn by Range Rover drivers at Murrayfield!

*naive?

for debate sake,

macron offer us 1m per year with no strips available outside of scotland so no avenue to expand our brand.

adidas offer us 900k per year but our strip will be stocked in every major sports store in most major cities around the world(like the celtic one is) with our kit being readily available just about anywhere(as the celtic one is) and an outstanding opportunity to expand our brand and turn that 900k into well over 1m.

i think adidas is the best deal.

So you think Adidas is the best deal without knowing any of the details of any deal? :D

What would your decision be if Macron was offering us £3m and Adidas £1m with the potential of say turning it into £1.5m? Would you still go for Adidas?

So it's dignified to be wearing something for a sum of cash when you could be wearing something almost identical for a lot more cash? I wouldn't say it's anything to do with dignity, just bad business.

Guest carter001

As I mentioned on another post i'm lead to believe it is between Puma and Adidas, with Puma being favourite due to their tie in with Mike Ashley, Sports Direct and the renaming of the stadium.

That being said, Mike Ashley is meant to be quite difficult to deal with and Rangers are worried that he might devalue our products through his shops.

As I mentioned on another post i'm lead to believe it is between Puma and Adidas, with Puma being favourite due to their tie in with Mike Ashley, Sports Direct and the renaming of the stadium.

That being said, Mike Ashley is meant to be quite difficult to deal with and Rangers are worried that he might devalue our products through his shops.

have you seen his shops mate? there is not much more he could do to devalue his stock, its a midden.

if its between those 2 where have the macron rumours came from?