BBC Scotland report NO titles to be stripped but are fined £250K

I think that we will be found guilty of minor administrative errors and will be fined. Titles will not be touched IMHO.

Common sense suggests that. Grandstanding pre-statement perhaps suggests otherwise.

So twelve oâ??clock on Thursday 28th of February 2013 is the time chosen by the splâ??s Independent investigation body to announce their findings on whether or not our club administered its playerâ??s contracts correctly. Out with the fact that this investigation has been allowed to take place it would seem odd that such a specific time has been announced to deliver the verdict. Could it be that a stage has been set for the last frontier in the splâ??s battle to harm our club? Of course I can only suggest this is the case and cannot confirm the thoughts behind it, be it that it all seems a bit strange to say the least.

The timing is of course a small detail in the scale of what may unfold from the delivery of tomorrowâ??s verdict. We are told to believe that the panel are independent and that their findings will carry no bias or pre concocted outcomes. This in itself is hard to believe when we consider who done the splâ??s digging of dirt on our club.

What is critical is the aftermath of the verdict and the consequences for Scottish football. Should it be found that we have done nothing wrong we should simply move on and focus on the continued rebuilding of our club and the spl should return to trying to sort out the mess that is the Scottish league set up. This verdict of course would send the haters, bloggers and media into a frenzy of attack, the falsehoods and downright lies will be on a scale we may have never seen.

However this scenario would simmer down and be forgotten far sooner than the alternative. Should we be found guilty it could well start the beginning of the end for Scottish football as we know it. A guilty verdict would no doubt carry a form of punishment of which title stripping is the enemies preferred option. With a guilty verdict and punishment I believe we would see a challenge on a scale that the football world never mind Scottish football has ever seen. If Charles Green is true to his word he will not take this lying down and I would assume this would mean taking all routes necessary to fight our corner. This would be an expensive path but there is no doubt in my mind that it would be the right path to take. We have shown as a support that we can raise capital for our club when required and we do still have a substantial balance in the RFFF account.

The problem with legal recourse for the Scottish football authorities is potentially a situation they cannot themselves afford. We have several routes to challenge a guilty verdict and any punishments which could ultimately end in the European courts. These legal costs would be monumental and the fallout from any legal action would no doubt see UEFA getting involved. We already know that they do not like football matters being dealt with outside of football and I would assume they would not only take a dim view on this but would want to know why this happened. How could the spl defend their actions, they are carrying out a fruitless investigation into the company who previously owned our club, a company who cannot be held accountable anymore. I would also take a wild guess that the spl themselves would be asked questions as to why they did not find any problems with the books and paperwork they were privy too during the period in question.

Now the legal side of a fight back is just one aspect of the damage to Scottish football that may occur, the bigger issue is the fan reaction. We have been beaten black and blue in the past 12 month, kicked every time we have tried to stand back up and only now are we looking like we are making a recovery. This has left a very wary and defensive fan base; we have realised what it takes to fight back and would not take this lying down. If the spl thought the march to Hampden, protests and boycott of Tannadice was us taking a stance they have truly underestimated our support.

They seem to have no idea that the Bear has woken up and is not going back to sleep anytime soon. If we are forced to defend our club the spl may soon realise that they are not the biggest animal in the ring.

But if Green is point blank refusing to pay a penny then what happens?

Anyway, common sense to me is not guilty. EBTs were legal, we disclosed all payments and the infringements on EBTs were disclosed in contracts so what have we done wrong?

I genuinely think too many people are willing to accept a minor punishment to get it over with when we've not broken any rules.

Serious question. Do we really think Eton schooled, Oxford and Edinburgh University educated retired High Court judge William Nimmo Smith is part of the conspiracy? On the face of it he seems an unlikely conspirator. I could be convinced he's out of touch, perhaps even senile, but corrupt and with a hard-on for Rangers?

Serious question. Do we really think Eton schooled, Oxford and Edinburgh University educated retired High Court judge William Nimmo Smith is part of the conspiracy? On the face of it he seems an unlikely conspirator. I could be convinced he's out of touch, perhaps even senile, but corrupt and with a hard-on for Rangers?

Who knows perhaps the Eton schooled, Oxford and Edinburgh University educated retired High Court judge William Nimmo Smith may find himself once more seeking psychiatric treatment at the Royal Edinburgh Hospital.