They want Rangers back !!

First it was Jackson, now Provan. Who will be next to crawl back? No thanks. Well come back on our terms.

Get Rangers back in the SPL before itâ??s too late

We need Old Firm rivalry if our game is to survive

FIRM DECISION ... SPL needs Celtic and Rangers

By DAVIE PROVAN

Published: 1 hr ago

IF Lord Nimmo Smithâ??s tribunal had stripped Rangers of five titles we might have needed the army on the streets of Glasgow, so a big thank you to mâ??lud this morning.

On their hourly rates, our learned friends will have done very nicely out of this investigation, but you can bet theyâ??ll be glad itâ??s over. Itâ??s always a relief to leave the nuthouse.

Nimmo Smith was damned if he did, damned if he didnâ??t.

The day before the tribunal announced itâ??s findings it was described as a â??kangaroo courtâ? by former Rangers striker Mark Hateley.

A bit harsh on Nimmo Smith who graduated from Eton and Oxford to become a Supreme Court judge, but I doubt heâ??ll have lost sleep over it.

Inevitably, in the land of the full moon, the verdict has upset everyone. Celtic fans see it as a whitewash, Rangers punters are demanding apologies and the heads of Neil Doncaster and Stewart Regan. In the meantime, the race for the moral high ground has become a stampede.

Despite Rangers oldco being found guilty of breaching disclosure regulations, Sir David Murray was quick to break cover.

During Rangers slide into liquidation you couldnâ??t have found Sir David with the Hubble telescope, but you canâ??t keep a good man down.

Murray claims Rangers have been victims of a â??retrospective witch-hunt.â?

More likely Gers are victims of Murrayâ??s deal with Craig Whyte, despite him being well warned against it by Alastair Johnston.

Murray though is yesterdayâ??s man and with some justification Charles Green spoke on behalf of the club.

Whatever you think of Green, his decision to refuse the plea bargain that would have seen Rangers trade titles for a place in the First Division, has been vindicated.

Despite the £250,000 non-disclosure fine, Nimmo Smith ruled that Rangers had gained â??no sporting advantageâ? through their use of EBTs.

If thatâ??s good enough for the man who tried the Lockerbie bomber, it should be good enough for the rest of us.

Green is the man whoâ??ll decide where Rangers go from here and his reaction to the verdict was refreshing.

When he could have promised a pursuit of Doncaster and Regan he instead chose to draw a line under the EBT issue and promised to help rebuild the Scottish game.

It wonâ??t be easy. The commercial madness that saw Rangers relegated to Division Three is coming home to roost.

Nowhere more so than at Celtic Park where supporters are struggling to stay awake on match days.

With no credible opposition for at least another two years, Peter Lawwell will have his work cut out selling season tickets.

Spare me the idea that Neil Lennonâ??s boys will take the same satisfaction from clinching this seasonâ??s title. In Rangersâ?? absence this championship was a gimme.

This week Jose Mourinho said his Real Madrid players â??live for the games against Barcelonaâ?.

Itâ??s no different at the Old Firm where nothing matches the satisfaction of beating the other lot.

With a one-horse title race until at least 2015, how does the SPL sell itself to punters and sponsors?

On Wednesday, first played fourth in the SPL at Fir Park with James McFaddenâ??s homecoming thrown in. Less than 9,000 fans fancied it.

Where are the chocolate gladiators of cyberspace who threatened to boycott their clubs unless they voted Rangers out of the SPL? Didnâ??t they promise theyâ??d turn out every week to make up the shortfall?

Aberdeen had 6,000 for the midweek game against Ross County for heavenâ??s sake.

Scottish football is heading for rigor mortis unless someone has the balls to say the bleeding obvious.

Without the Old Firm at each otherâ??s throat the SPL is a busted flush.

Itâ??s time to boot â??sporting integrityâ? into touch and bring Rangers back into the top flight.

Reconstructing the leagues to accommodate Rangers might upset the Luddites but itâ??ll send 30,000 volts through the top division.

If it means switching to a 14-team league to squeeze Rangers in, why not?

The return of four Old Firm games would bring hard cash and competition into the game in its hour of need.

Charles Green eyeballing Peter Lawwell in the boardroom? Neil Lennon and Ally McCoist in each otherâ??s faces on the track in front of a baying mob?

Bring it on.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/feeds/smartphone/scotland/4821711/Get-Rangers-back-in-the-SPL-before-its-too-late.html#ixzz2MRGe5xcs

I'll tell ye..Davie Provan?

I loved it when my hero Willie 'Bud' Johnston took the piss out of you at a throw-in at ceptic park and set up a last minute winner for Alex Miller, I loved it when 'Bud' stamped on you while playing for Hearts in a game vs the scum years later. I loved Willie and hated you Davy Provan of ceptic.

A lot of water has passed under the bridge since those days and my opinion of you has never changed.

But the above comments have changed my thought about you the '***** bastard'

Good on ye Davy 'bout time too.

Edited by 54andcounting
Bad typos

Davie? How can I put this, mate?

Fuck off.

Yep; That's about it.

We don't need you or your septic phals. We're getting, 45,000 every game at Ibrox in Div3. You're getting half that whilst slinking your way to tainted title number 2.

Next year, you'll be twatted out of Europe at one of the three stages before you reach the CL and your European money will disappear as quickly as you attendance. The year after that and the year after that, it's only going to get worse.

You'll be exposed for what you are opportunistic nonentities - a joke club at the top of a joke league.

Meanwhile, the football world - and I mean the entire world from japan to Argentina to the USA to Italy - are looking at Rangers and Rangers fans with mouths agape and jaws adropped.

They look at Glasgow and see one half of the city proclaiming themselves the guardians of sporting integrity whilst trying to steal titles and trophies from their biggest rivals.

They look at Glasgow and see the fans of Sporting Integrity FC proclaim themselves "the Greatest fans in the World" but not actually going to the games.

They look at Glasgow and see Rangers fans are turning out for 4th tier matches in numbers that would make almost any club in Europe's top leagues turn green with envy - or should that be 'blue with pride'?

We don't need you or any of the lickspittle arsewipes that joined your coven. If we can, we'll lay scottish football to waste, before moving on to another league.

If we can't do that, we can destroy the leagues here if we want, because we know that no matter what remains, we'll always be the biggest club and we'll always find somebody to play; because for us, Davie - it's about the club and the game. For those who lead and follow the club you represent, it's about everything *but* the game.

TBH Ive always found Provan is more balanced minded than a lot of others, he always tends to be fair and read a game how he see's it.

But disagree with him here, we shouldnt be fast tracked nowhere to save the SPL. We'll come back through the leagues like we've chosen. There is light at the end of our tunnel, in fact we are probably back in open space and issue by issue the SFA and SPL are looking more stupid by the day.

Without an apology, the transfer embargo being dropped, Euro ban dropped and money owned to 'old club' not paid then I fail to see how we'd even entertain the idea of entertaining the SPL. And even then league recontruction to suit all 42 clubs and fans would have to be on the table first with Rangers being invited to discuss.

TBH Ive always found Provan is more balanced minded than a lot of others, he always tends to be fair and read a game how he see's it.

But disagree with him here, we shouldnt be fast tracked nowhere to save the SPL. We'll come back through the leagues like we've chosen. There is light at the end of our tunnel, in fact we are probably back in open space and issue by issue the SFA and SPL are looking more stupid by the day.

Without an apology, the transfer embargo being dropped, Euro ban dropped and money owned to 'old club' not paid then I fail to see how we'd even entertain the idea of entertaining the SPL. And even then league recontruction to suit all 42 clubs and fans would have to be on the table first with Rangers being invited to discuss.

Agreed. Head says "yes", heart says "no".

We are so far behind that they would still be winning the champion's League spot but gaining from our presence. We should make our way back up the leagues.

if they come groveling and apologizing then i would go back if not they can suffer their fate.

I think the fans,or most of the fans at least want to get back up through the leagues,however something tells me Ally&CG and the club would like a quicker return?

My problem with jumping straight back up is that we are nowhere near ready. Any chance of building a team with many of the young guys from Auchenhowie will go right out the window, as the cheque book will appear again to buy 'experienced' players. We would be in same situation as we were before.

I'd rather be interested in the info that GDS got about the SFA wanting a 20-20 league structure than any mumblings of a sports journo.

In the end, the SFA, SPL and SFL should get together with Sky et al and trash out something useful, rather than the former three throwing snippets at one another while Sky looks on rather bemused and becoming increasingly disinterested.