Show Racism the Red Card condemns Charles Green for racist language

I have no Sun article handy, but if ...

... is all, there is essentially nothing to get upset about. As I said, it is all about context. Was Ahmad angered by the use? Was Johnson?

Anyway, in a country filled to the hilt by double-standards about racism, sectarianism and bigotry, the above is nothing but a mock outrage.

"Mock outrage" is it, really? I think you are really misreading this. The context he used those words was the pages of the best selling tabloid in the country. Green's from Yorkshire, a county with a large Asian population, he must be aware of their meaning, whatever the context. Whatever he chooses to call his 'friends' in private the CEO of Rangers should not be using words like that in public. He's an idiot.

serious question: you really don't know what goose stepping means?

Serious answer ... I was not bothered to doublecheck Leo at 1 am in the morning and after doing it now, it is even less relevant. Nor that Gerhardt Reibold gives me any clue, or "squarehead Schröder" would be deemed offensive in a way similar to Green's comments.

BTW, I can clearly see the frustration about these comments and Green sure needs to cut some of his remarks. But right now every word he utters is put under scrutiny like there is no tomorrow and people should be aware to that.

Personally, I'm embarrassed about the whole thing. I don't care the reasons behind it. I don't care about the joking or whatever. I'm embarrassed the CEO of our club would use such terms. Rangers as a club has had to fight hard to get rid of certain reputations, this is entirely unhelpful.

'political correctness' is a right wing made up term as a catch all for when someone says something they know they shouldn't then claims 'the madness of political correctness'.

We all know everything Rangers say & do is under scrutiny. We want the fans to not sing stuff that can get us in trouble. We've said before, don't give ammunition.

Charlie hands them a loaded gun ffs.

When TLB was still a C****c player and spat on a Rangers scarf and shouted dirty orange bastards to the Rangers bench that was a lot worse yet the mHedia ignored it. Still stupid of CG though.

When TLB was still a C****c player and spat on a Rangers scarf and shouted dirty orange bastards to the Rangers bench that was a lot worse yet the mHedia ignored it. Still stupid of CG though.

What Celtic players or managers do isn't that relevant. Our directors, management team and players should hold themselves to a higher standard.

What Celtic players or managers do isn't that relevant. Our directors, management team and players should hold themselves to a higher standard.

They usually have done so and kept a dignified approach and silence on nigh all matters. Hence we ended up with Celtic running the media (campaigns) to their hearts' content, essentially the SPL and SFA too for these last 5 years. There is no paranoia linked to that, it is pretty clear on the evidence at hand. And while one evil does not make another evil better, I for one expect (and will fight for) no double standards. Hence, if the media cries foul of these remarks (and IMHO, PC is hyped up far too much on various levels anyway), I would have expected them to do the same at all the Scums' fall-outs these last few months, or TLB's at St.Mirren. But there's hardly a whisper ...