NEW: SFL Clubs Breakaway to From Championship (SPFL2)

What makes everyone so sure we're going to get an invite to SPL2 or whatever it's to be called? so long as the SPL have got our TV rights then I don't think they could give a damn what league we play in. It could be a sunday morning pub league for all they care about us.

What I've been saying on here for ages is that reconstruction is all about Rangers subsidising the rest of scottish football via the SKY deal. If this SPL2 goes ahead without us then Longmuir's SFL needs to ensure that the SFL get a much greater share of the SKY deal. The only reason these SFL clubs are doing this is to get their hands on the more money the SPL promised them - subsidised by Rangers of course

Looking at the numbers, I'm not sure they mean to invite us.

Partick Thistle are to be promoted, Aidire are relegated so aren't involved. That leaves the other 8 SFL1 teams plus Dundee and QotS. Div1 is rebranded as the Championship and gets a cut of the SPL income (such as it is). Nothing else changes.

Seems sensible, if that's the case.

Looking at the numbers, I'm not sure they mean to invite us.

Partick Thistle are to be promoted, Aidire are relegated so aren't involved. That leaves the other 8 SFL1 teams plus Dundee and QotS. Div1 is rebranded as the Championship and gets a cut of the SPL income (such as it is). Nothing else changes.

Seems sensible, if that's the case.

IMHO, there will be 12 teams. All existing clubs plus two invited teams.

The pretence of all the reconstruction talk being about 42 club solutions, and financial distribution down the leagues has been cruelly exposed yet again.

Whilst I agree with Frankie's summation that, if true, we will inevitably be invited to SPFL2, and will accept; I hope we hold firm and expose these charlatans for what they are.

However, fiduciary duties of directors will dictate what we do.

Surely if the SPL 1+2 break away then they will have no right to any TV deal the SFL may be able to agree. Why would they be able to hold any TV rights involving Rangers.

The pretence of all the reconstruction talk being about 42 club solutions, and financial distribution down the leagues has been cruelly exposed yet again.

Whilst I agree with Frankie's summation that, if true, we will inevitably be invited to SPFL2, and will accept; I hope we hold firm and expose these charlatans for what they are.

However, fiduciary duties of directors will dictate what we do.

True, but there could be a justification from OUR board that the correct thing to do from a financial perspective is to continue to work our way up. And the board could justify it simply.... our fans will en masse not renew ST's in the event we accept an invitation - and they are the financial lifeblood of the club - the fiduciary duty would be fulfilled if the club believe they are giving up more money (ST's) by accepting an invite than we would be gaining (sponsorship etc).