Ally McCoist confirms signing talks with Nicky Clark

I'm quietly excited about this signing if it happens:

1. I know a few 2nd Div supporters and they all rate him.

2. Scoring 40 goals in the Division we're moving to gives me confidence that it's a sensible signing.

3. He's young, Scottish and his dad played for the club, so he'll know what's expected of him.

4. It follows the only sensible model for the club. Sign young talent, develop them and move them on at a profit.

Fingers crossed on this one for me.

I'm quietly excited about this signing if it happens:

1. I know a few 2nd Div supporters and they all rate him.

2. Scoring 40 goals in the Division we're moving to gives me confidence that it's a sensible signing.

3. He's young, Scottish and his dad played for the club, so he'll know what's expected of him.

4. It follows the only sensible model for the club. Sign young talent, develop them and move them on at a profit.

Fingers crossed on this one for me.

Agree and it less risk than buying up current SPL players who wont be any use for when we are back in the top flight.

â??It's Glasgow Rangers at the end of the day. To say no to them, I'd have to be daft.â? - Nicky Clark
Another one who needs educating as to the name of our club. So as not to confuse us with Berwick or QPR? Look at the headed notepaper or the name above the Ibrox gates.

There are absolutely no draw backs to this signing whatsoever, it's a no-brainer as they say. Minimal wages, young, a goalscorer and experience at higher level. Also comes from a footballing family and a Rangers family as well.

Another one who needs educating as to the name of our club. So as not to confuse us with Berwick or QPR? Look at the headed notepaper or the name above the Ibrox gates.

Plenty people use the term Glasgow Rangers, we even use it in several of our songs. It's not a big deal.

Edited by Super Cooper

I've not seen him play at all but he clearly knows where the goal is.

As long as he mobile enough and can work the channels, then those qualities should be useful. I'd say he's worth the risk.