Ooops, East Fife want to go for it ...

East Fife to hold signing talks with former Rangers forward Nacho Novo

East Fife are to hold talks with Nacho Novo over a return to Scotland for the forward.

The 34-year-old is a free agent after leaving Spanish side Huesca, his third club since quitting Rangers in 2010.

Novo, who has also played for Sporting Gijon and Legia Warsaw since leaving Ibrox, had expressed an interest in returning to the Glasgow club but could now come up against them in the Second Division.

STV understands discussions are due to take place between the player and the ambitious third tier side later this week.

The Spaniard first came to Scotland in 2001, joining Raith Rovers from Huesca.

A move to Dundee followed, where he scored 34 in 87 appearances before moving on for a six year spell with Rangers.

He netted 71 times for the club in 253 games across four years before returning home to join Sporting Gijon.

East Fife, who are under new ownership, have already moved to sign Brechin duo Michael Andrews and Jonathan Stewart, as well as securing last season's club player of the year Craig Johnstone.

Former Hearts forward Christian Nade is expected to be unveiled as an East Fife player later this week.

STV

I was under the impression that he has already signed for them ... in this short period where they might not have been under any embargo?

Still, I am not sure whether we actually want him or his like ... in terms of physical presence in the box.

I was under the impression that he has already signed for them ... in this short period where they might not have been under any embargo?

Still, I am not sure whether we actually want him or his like ... in terms of physical presence in the box.

They signed him but they haven't been able to register him as yet, so he now won sign. He is still technically a Liverpool player.

I would take him. A far better option than Perry !

They signed him but they haven't been able to register him as yet, so he now won sign. He is still technically a Liverpool player.

Faure, Hegarty, and even Cribari are IMHO better options than Perry. Add to that Gasparotto and McAusland, plus Daly and McCulloch ... and, for the time being Bocan and Goian ... that many centre-halfs are the problem right now. I would assume that McCoist looks for a chap with a greater physical presence than Wilson, as I said.

Goian interest from Championship clubs

Dorin Goian's turbulent time at Rangers could finally be coming to a close as he is attracting attention from the npower Championship.

The Romanian defender is expected to return to Scotland for pre-season training later this month after his loan spell at Italian Serie B side Spezia ended, but the Ibrox club are eager to get the former Steaua Bucharest centre-back off their wage bill. With that in mind, the 32-year-old's agent has been in discussions with other clubs, with England emerging as an option.

"Goian has a contract with Rangers for another year," said Florin Manea, his representative. "But because they will be playing in the Scottish third level, he will try and find a way out of Rangers and will take the road to England. We are in discussions with Championship clubs. The English Championship is a strong league and pays well."

Herald

That's what I call pragmatic (and open). Any transfer fee will do, IMHO.

Still a rumour on FF, but from a good few sources apparently ... Ricky Foster on his way back on a two-year deal. That would be him and Mitchell for RB and/or right wing. he might still be contracted to them, but some murmus say that the friendly arranged with Bristol City takes care of that.

Is he any good without Weir at his side?