Busy days ...

RANGERS boss Ally McCoist would love to sign a second goalkeeper to challenge Cammy Bell for the gloves so that he can farm out Scott Gallacher to gain top team experience.

McCoist has confirmed that Neil Alexander will not be returning to the club after playing a key role last season as one of the senior players who loyally remained to help Rangers win SFL 3.

Bell has been secured from Kilmarnock – although he cannot be registered until September 1 – and looks like being No1 in the Second Division.

Gallacher is the most senior back-up but McCoist would rather the 23-year-old gets out to play regular football next season rather than sit on the bench.

He said: “Neil’s contract has run out. There was another contract on the table for him – I know Craig Mather spoke to his agent – but he hasn’t signed it so it looks as though his future will be elsewhere.

“In an ideal world I would like to sign another goalkeeper because I would like Scott Gallacher to go out and play because at this stage of his career it wouldn’t do him any good just sitting on the bench.

“He is at an age now where I would like to put him out of loan and there are one or two clubs interested in taking him on-board.

“Having said that, if he goes on loan he has to play. There is no point in him going to another club and be in the same position as he would be here.”

Gallacher, who will be 24 in July, has previously had loan spells with Forfar and Cowdenbeath.

McCoist could also call upon Alan Smith and Liam Kelly who have both featured for the Reserves.

Rangers OHP

I would assume that Bell remains No.1, Gallagher will go on-loan and Smith and Kelly will be back-ups, with Gordon perhaps on stand-by / pay as you play.

Regarding Foster, he's one of these players who never make the headlines, but who do the job required. No stand out, no world-class chap, but one of these who I quietly admire ... e.g. Stephen Wright, Alec Clelland, Davie Robertson and co.

You just have to look at your first three sentences to see you have the exact opposite attitude to what is required in the dressing room. That you don't get the irony is worrying...

Liabilities and technically inept footballers are NOT what i want in our dressing room.

Liabilities and technically inept footballers are NOT what i want in our dressing room.

Well that judgement on our players is all within the confines of your own opinion, and as the great philosopher, Jagger, once said, "You can't always get what you want..."

Looks like you're in for a miserable season - no matter whether we play well or not.

Busy days ...

Rangers OHP

I would assume that Bell remains No.1, Gallagher will go on-loan and Smith and Kelly will be back-ups, with Gordon perhaps on stand-by / pay as you play.

Regarding Foster, he's one of these players who never make the headlines, but who do the job required. No stand out, no world-class chap, but one of these who I quietly admire ... e.g. Stephen Wright, Alec Clelland, Davie Robertson and co.

kelly is going to be a cracking keeper.

If Gordon can get near to what he was pre-injury then Id have him in their instantly. I think he'd grow in confidence playing at Ibrox. He was top notch on his day. But 14 months out is long and if he's had injuries with arms and fingers then that is where keepers will maybe struggle.

Foster was an honest hard worker and a new Alec Cleland. I think he'd be a handy signing for 2 seasons.

Busy days ...

Rangers OHP

It's extremely unfair to lump Davie Robertson in with Wright and Cleland, He was a class above them.

It's extremely unfair to lump Davie Robertson in with Wright and Cleland, He was a class above them.

Couldnt agree more, maybe even 2 classes above!

Davie Robertson is up there with Numan for the LB role in my all time best Gers XI.

That was not a remark about quality, but a remark about "unsung heroes". I could add Stuart Munro to that list, BTW.