Slightly off topic.... but Wanyama, 12 million ??? Seriously ? I didnt think he was all that good to be honest. Not that I have seen him lay much for them - they would be nuts not to accept that kind of cash.

They accepted, but Wanyama rejected the personal terms. I think that was the scenario.

Slightly off topic.... but Wanyama, 12 million ??? Seriously ? I didnt think he was all that good to be honest. Not that I have seen him lay much for them - they would be nuts not to accept that kind of cash.

would totally agree with that....

However I think that Ceptic use the mhedia to their advantage. They come out with ridiculous valuations for some of their players, which attracts a bit of attention/short term ridicule. However, That valuation is then in the public domain and sticks. They then get a handsome fee for a very average player.

RANGERS boss Ally McCoist last night admitted he wants to bring Christophe Berra to Ibrox.

The Scotland ace is available after being freed by Wolves.

McCoist has spoken to defender Berra, 28, and he confirmed: “Without doubt, Christophe is someone I’m looking at.

“He’s a player who ticks the vast majority of boxes. He’s a great age, a good player and has vast experience.

“He has one or two options which I totally understand — and the financial aspect will certainly come into it. I appreciate that he has a young family.

“But I’ve spoken to him and his agent and we’d be keen to discuss terms.

“If we could get him in to do that, it would be great. There’s still an awful lot of work to be done but the signs are we could possibly do something.”

Bosnia defender Boris Pandza, 26, is also on Gers’ radar.

The 22-times capped ace has been released by Belgian side Mechelen, and McCoist said: “Boris has come to our attention and our chief Bosnian scout Sasa Papac speaks highly of him.

“They’re both from Mostar so they know each other pretty well and Sasa has given him a glowing report.

“Everything we have heard about Boris has been very positive and he’s another one we have been looking at.

“It’s not rocket science. The majority of the goals we lost last season were from set plays. Central defence is an area where we’ll certainly have to do better.”

But McCoist has been warned he may have to offload players before he can bring either of his targets in. The Gers boss has already signed Nicky Law, Jon Daly, Cammy Bell, Nicky Clark, Ricky Foster, Stevie Smith and Arnold Peralta.

But even though Dorin Goian, Carlos Bocanegra, Neil Alexander and Fran Sandaza have left, chief executive Craig Mather warned he may have to trim a first-team squad approaching 30 players.

Mather said: “More of the squad could be moving on. There’s potential for that, I’m not going to hide it.

“Ally has made no secret of the fact he’d like to make one or two more signings and in principle I have no problem with that.

“But we do have to balance the books though.

“It would be good for the stability of the club if we can get a couple more moved on.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/feeds/smartphone/scotland/4994849/Ally-McCoist-targets-Christophe-Berra.html#ixzz2XvzvH9E0