The Express says ...

Pandza deal hold up

Pandza believes fate could be a big factor in his potential move to Rangers

The 26-year-old and his agent have been in talks with the Light Blues for the past week and the Bosnian defender had hoped a deal would be done by now.

But Pandza is ready to wait to ensure the contract is right for both parties and hopes a deal can be struck to let him join up with the Gers next week in Germany.

He said: â??Iâ??m hoping for some more information soon from Rangers. Until then, all I can do is wait in Mostar for the call to come.

â??Itâ??s not become too frustrating for me â?? itâ??s a situation I have grown used to and I understand the need to be patient as the discussions take place.

â??I have had other clubs put to me, but I have to be sure that any move is right for me.

â??Rangers have been positive in their talks. Of course Iâ??d like the situation resolved soon, but itâ??s more important that it is the right move for both sides. I believe in fate.â?

Boss Ally McCoist has spoken to the former Mechelen defender and sold him on his vision for Rangers.

McCoist is keen for the deal to go through quickly and is waiting for others at Ibrox putting together the right package.

Chief executive Craig Mather spoke about players leaving before new signings came in and yesterday fringe striker Kal Naismith left Ibrox for a trial at League Two side Accrington Stanley. This could lead to a permanent move for the 21-year-old.

But, with Ross Perry crocked and a deal for Christophe Berra now off, the need for a new defender has become urgent.

Meanwhile, keeper Cammy Bell gave the Rangers camp a scare as he crumpled during a training session and had to be helped off the field.

Bell caught his studs in the turf while making a save during a bounce game at Broraâ??s Dudgeon Park. He was immediately attended to by physio David Lavery and goalkeeper coach Jim Stewart and hobbled off to the team bus clearly anxious about twisting his left knee.

However, Rangers No 2 Kenny McDowall is hopeful the injury is not as bad as it first appeared.

McDowall said: â??I think he just caught his studs. The grass was a wee bit long. Heâ??s icing it but hopefully heâ??ll be OK.

â??Seeing incidents like that is a nightmare. The players are working really hard. When you get into the football side, thatâ??s what happens.

â??You canâ??t do anything about it. Youâ??ve just to let them play and hope they get through the sessions intact.

â??Weâ??d like to add another goalie. There are still one or two in different positions on the radar.

â??Do incidents like Cammyâ??s underline the need to get that extra goalie in? Absolutely.â?

Meanwhile, trialist Bilel Mohsni has made a positive impression on Rangers and the defender could be asked to sign. McDowall added: â??Heâ??s played down in England, heâ??s in great shape and heâ??s enjoying himself and working hard.

â??Before he joined us, he was in Tunisia training and heâ??s in great shape because of that.

â??The fact heâ??s come up on trial speaks volumes for him because you get a lot who want plenty of money but donâ??t want to play until they get it.â?

Honduran Arnold Peralta is due to arrive in Britain today and will meet up with the Gers squad for Saturdayâ??s friendly at Bristol City.

And some more staff-related news in the ET ...

Lumsden set for U17s job at Gers

RANGERS have appointed former Albion Rovers manager Todd Lumsden as under-17s coach.

The 35-year-old was sacked as Rovers boss earlier this summer after the club were relegated to the SPFL Division Two at the end of his first season in the dugout.

But SportTimes understands he will make a speedy return to the game by taking up a position as part of Ally McCoist's backroom team when he returns from holiday in a fortnight's time.

The former Raith Rovers and Hamilton Accies defender will work under Gers head of youth development Jimmy Sinclair and joins an experienced set-up that also includes reserve boss Billy Kirkwood and the new under-20s gaffer, former Ibrox striker Gordon Durie.

Lumsden could have been lining up against Rangers later this month after Rovers were paired with McCoist's side in the Ramsdens Cup first round draw but was left stunned when he was sacked just days after being told his position was safe last season.

The Englishman was set to mastermind their promotion bid from SPFL Division Two this term before the Coatbridge hierarchy changed their minds and appointed James Ward and Mark Cameron as their management team.

ARNOLD PERALTA will arrive in Scotland today and the new Rangers star has thanked Celtic ace Emilio Izaguirre for giving him advice on living in Glasgow.

The Honduran midfielder – who has signed a four-year deal with the Ibrox side – left Deportivo Vida this week.

And the 24-year-old can’t wait to start life at Rangers, after being given the lowdown on Scotland from Izaguirre. Peralta said: “It’s my first big move. I have spoken to Izaguirre and he has given me advice so I am grateful to him.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/father-figure-jon-daly-help-2041707

Concerned about hiring a man who took his side down and what sort of influence his mentality and ability will have on our impressionable kids.

There's more to Lumsden than that to be fair. He works (worked?) in further education so he has some formal qualification in teaching young people. My knowledge of him is limited but I wouldn't read too much into Albion Rovers being relegated, they are basically a Junior side in all but name, they were punching above their weight being in Div 2.

There's more to Lumsden than that to be fair. He works (worked?) in further education so he has some formal qualification in teaching young people. My knowledge of him is limited but I wouldn't read too much into Albion Rovers being relegated, they are basically a Junior side in all but name, they were punching above their weight being in Div 2.

Was told today Albion fans regularly wear Celtic strips and take tri-colours to Cliftonville to watch Albion. I hope we destroy them with a cricket score. The guy i work with is a Celtic fan and he and his pals are going to the game, he said the atmosphere is going to be like an Old Firm match.