No real story by now, but on FF they say that the "Mail on Sunday" intimates that the club has earmarked Cribari, Argyriou, Perry and Hutton for departure, and we've told their agents etc.. Perry's got 2 years left, the others 1.

No real story by now, but on FF they say that the "Mail on Sunday" intimates that the club has earmarked Cribari, Argyriou, Perry and Hutton for departure, and we've told their agents etc.. Perry's got 2 years left, the others 1.

Really hope this is true. This sort of news excites me. Dross getting shipped out. Delighted with this if true.

ALLY McCOIST has admitted Rangers’ bid to land Christophe Berra is now DEAD.

SunSport revealed Gers boss McCoist looked set to be priced out of a move for the Scotland defender.

He was given fresh hope last week that a deal could be revived.

But there’s now NO chance of landing the freed Wolves stopper — although talks continue with Bosnian defender Boris Pandza.

Coisty said: “The deal for Christophe is now off. There is nothing in that at all — I think he’s going to a Championship club.

“The club is still taking to Boris Panza’s agent and I have spoken to the player.

“There’s still a long way to go but he’s a player we are interested in.”

Ross Perry faces time on the sidelines after being stretchered off with an ankle ligament injury in Gers’ opening pre-season clash at Brora yesterday.

Coisty sighed: “Ross has had a bad one so could be out for a while.”

But French-Tunisian trialist Bilel Mohnsi impressed at the back in TWO separate stints as he was subbed then returned to replace Perry.

McCoist hopes to give him another runout in Wednesday’s clash in Elgin and said: “I was very happy with him.

“When Ross got injured he steadied the ship a wee bit with Luca Gasparotto.

“I was very pleased with the new signings.

“I thought we were pretty comfortable and Mohnsi and Macleod were two of the stand-outs.

“Paul Sturrock has given Mohnsi a number of great reports.

“Big Sam Allardyce at West Ham is interested in him and Ian Holloway at Crystal Palace had the lad as well.

“I have spoken to all three of them. He has got good experience.

“It’s not rocket science. If clubs come in and offer big wages then we’ll be up against it.

“But he knows we are a big club and we’re developing as a team.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/feeds/smartphone/scotland/5002255/Chris-is-crossed-off-hit-list.html#ixzz2YP6Bt0ZF

Berra not coming - and who knows for what reason (and I do not really care). Pandza agent in talks with us, Zaliukas also still on the menue ... all according to the Express chap. Someone who deems Argyriou and Faure to go ahead of Hutton and Cribari?

Mohsni ... well, if West Ham are really interested and offer him a EPL-meagre 15k-a-week ...

Rangers call off chase for ex-Hearts and Wolves stopper Christophe Berra

RANGERS manager Ally McCoist has pulled the plug on his bid to sign former Hearts and Wolves central defender Christophe Berra.

He insisted: “The deal for Berra is off. I think he is going to a Championship club.”

But McCoist is giving careful consideration to signing French-Tunisian centre-half Bilel Mohsni after being impressed by him in the club’s opening pre-season match against Brora Rangers yesterday.

Mohsni is on trial after playing more than 70 games for Southend, as well as undertaking a loan spell at Ipswich.

Substituted at half-time, Mohsni was reintroduced after 67 minutes when Ross Perry was stretchered off after going over on an ankle.

But the Gers face competition from English Premier League outfit West Ham after McCoist confirmed that Hammers boss Sam Allardyce is also interested in the player.

He said: “I was very happy with him. He looked comfortable and showed that there’s a bit of experience there.

“When Ross was injured, he steadied the ship a wee bit with Luca Gasparotto and he and Lewis Macleod were two standouts.

“The way Mohsni performed was encouraging. He’s fitted in with the lads. There’s every chance he could play against Elgin in midweek.

“I spoke with Paul Sturrock about him and he gave a great report. But Sam Allardyce is also interested and Ian Holloway at Crystal Palace had the lad, as well.

“I’ve spoken with all three of them, because you do your homework with due diligence.

“It’s not rocket science. If a club comes in and offers big wages, we’ll be up against it. But he knows we’re a big club and that we’re developing as a team. It’s been encouraging but we will wait and see what the future holds.”

McCoist has also opened talks with Bosnian defender Boris Pandza, who was recommended by former Gers favourite Sasa Papac, and would like to pair him with ex-Hearts captain Marius Zaliukas.

Rangers chief executive Craig Mather had already held talks with Pandza’s representative and is hopeful of striking a deal that will see the ex-Mechelen star at Ibrox.

They face a more difficult task landing Zaliukas, who has options in England and abroad.

McCoist has been well backed in the transfer market, bringing in the likes of Cammy Bell, Nicky Law, Jon Daly, Nicky Clark, Ricky Foster and Arnold Peralta.

With a large squad at his disposal, he could now look to move others on, with the likes of Sebastien Faure and Anestis Argyriou pushed even further out of the picture.

But McCoist played down speculation that several players are on their way out, including Brazilian Emilson Cribari, Perry and Kyle Hutton.

McCoist fielded 21 players at Dudgeon Park yesterday against Brora, making 10 changes at the break to ensure his entire travelling squad were given an outing.

Macleod scored twice early in the second half to secure a 2-0 win, and McCoist added: “There were plenty of positives. I was really pleased with the new signings.

“I wanted the vast majority of them to get a good 45 minutes so I’m delighted with the exercise.”

Express