We could also, much like all SFL teams did, use a back-of-the-jersey sponsor. We could sign up a stadium-rights deal to bridge the years "till Europe" (yes, I'm optimistic). We will probably also make some good money from the RTV subscriptions, who should be promoted at every opportunity. Once the SPl is out of "business" (if that's the case), we may look at making packages / DVDs et al available for the grand years of NIAR or titles 50 and onwards - online.

BTW, we should discuss this in another thread.

Why did we not wait till the Greeks happened by and negotiated a deal for him? Or did he only agree to go if we virtually pay him half his new Greek wages (i.e. "6k plus 8k" a week from our settlement)? Must have plaid hard-balls, the big lad ...

Ex-Rangers defender Goian heading for Greece

DORIN GOIAN is set to sign for Greek Super League side Asteras Tripolis.

The Romanian defender was released this week from the Ibrox side after he was paid over £420,000 in a wage settlement for the remainder of his year's contract.

And he has wasted no time in finding a new club, with the Greek side willing to pay Goian £6,000-a-week.

Romanian side Astra Giurgiu are also keen on the 32-year-old, who spent last season on loan in Italy with Spezia, but the former Palermo stopper would prefer to go abroad again.

Goian is currently back home on holiday, but is ready to travel to Greece to complete a deal.

He said: "Right now I am taking some time off with my family. I have various offers which I will decide about, but I would rather go and play in another country because I don't feel I am ready to return to Romanian football just yet."

Clubs in England, Turkey and Switzerland have shown interest in Goian, too, but ambitious Asteras â?? who finished fourth in Greece's top flight last season â?? want Goian to mount a title challenge this term.

His fellow freed Rangers defender Carlos Bocanegra also found a new club this week when he returned home to the MLS to sign for Chivas USA.

ET

McCoist Looks At Mohsni Written by Andrew Dickson

RANGERS manager Ally McCoist will take a look at French-Tunisian defender Bilel Mohsni during the club’s northern tour over the next few days.

The 25-year-old played most recently with English outfit Southend United, making 80 appearances for them since going there from Sainte-Genevieve Sports in 2010.

Mohsni trained at Murray Park this morning and McCoist will assess the free agent while his squad is based in the Highlands for friendlies with Brora and Elgin City.

No talks about any potential deal have taken place and the arrangement is simply a trial as things stand.

Gers manager McCoist confirmed his interest in both Christophe Berra and Boris Pandza earlier this week.

In casting his eye over Mohsni as well, he is keeping his options open as he looks to tighten up a back line which conceded some sloppy goals last season.

Paris-born Mohsni, who spent part of last term on loan at Ipswich Town, was the subject of a bid from Premiership side West Ham last year.

His final appearance for Southend came in April as his team lost the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy final 2-0 to Crewe at Wembley.

never heard of him but here are some details about him from an old bbc article

Mohsni has been employed in numerous positions on the field and has become renowned for pitching in with important goals, having scored 18 in 62 league games for United.

And he was warned on multiple occasions by previous boss Paul Sturrock about his poor disciplinary record, having collected 17 bookings and four red cards in three seasons.

Also apparently had a trial at Celtic last summer.

Edited by Craigy1881

Rumours abound that both Ian Black and Dean Shiels have been told that they are surplus to requirements. I think that Dean Shiels is a talented footballer, and I would love to see him come good, but just can't see where he would fit in, given Ally's signings.

As for Ian Black, would be delighted to see the back of him but there is no chance that any club is going to be offering him the wages he is currently on, meaning that we will need to pay up his contract (ala Goian and Boca).

Rumours abound that both Ian Black and Dean Shiels have been told that they are surplus to requirements. I think that Dean Shiels is a talented footballer, and I would love to see him come good, but just can't see where he would fit in, given Ally's signings.

As for Ian Black, would be delighted to see the back of him but there is no chance that any club is going to be offering him the wages he is currently on, meaning that we will need to pay up his contract (ala Goian and Boca).

A lengthy thread on that topic was shot down yesterday over on FF. For a reason, I would assume.

Mohsni ... a real trialist at last. I was start to miss somesuch this summer!