Brian Stockbridge Accused - Dirty Tricks

Still think all of the leaks and stories coming out just now are posturing.

The real powerplays will be made once the investigation is complete and findings are published.

Regardless of whether you are a fan of Green or otherwise, lets all take sides with the club first and foremost. Shareholders will come and go, the club will remain.

[insert Bill Struth quote]

Still think all of the leaks and stories coming out just now are posturing.

The real powerplays will be made once the investigation is complete and findings are published.

Regardless of whether you are a fan of Green or otherwise, lets all take sides with the club first and foremost. Shareholders will come and go, the club will remain.

[insert Bill Struth quote]

Sure hope so, seems one helluva struggle to do even that; we are a rudderless multi-holed ship with no captain in a seas of scavenging sharks.

You've taken me a little to literally, I didn't think you were actually being controlled by someone, it was just a figure of speech.

I disagree on your guess, I doubt the majority see him as the devil but I'd say the majority would rather he left. It's all anecdotal of course.

I think you completely misunderstand the issue most people have with Green over Whyte. It's not that he had to deal with Whyte it's that he lied about it. Had he been open about it at the start he'd have taken some flack but he could have then been judged on what he did next. By lying about it his credibility is shot and you find yourself questioning everything else he said and did, at least those who have a problem with being lied to do.

I do understand but I believe there's more than one side to it, as with most things. The fans' backing was needed to make any sort of progress, and that was the case for anyone that took over. There was already a lot of natural skepticism about Green and co simply because they were unknowns, so if he had been open from the start about having to cosy up with Whyte etc how do you think it would have been taken? I think at least a large amount of us would have panicked and just decided there and then Green was another wrongun, and hence a smaller season ticket uptake. So I can understand why it wasn't seen as a good idea to share all that information.

Although I do think Green should have considered getting ahead of the game once it was revealed that Whyte recorded his conversations, that's where I think a big mistake was made.

I think you completely misunderstand the issue most people have with Green over Whyte. It's not that he had to deal with Whyte it's that he lied about it.

Quite so. Green's problem was the non-stop, and usually pointless, lies, half-truths and wild exaggerations, which had the effect of a) making us as a fan base feel patronised and b) making us mistrustful of everything he said.

I don't think anyone gave a toss about whether he screwed Whyte (in fact, most of us would chip in to have a commemorative medallion stamped for him because he *did* screw Whyte)The problem was that he was shown to have lied about any number of things; he was shown to be full of bombast and bluster and he was never completely open and honest with us.

*That* was the problem with Chuck.

After the year, we'd been through, we didn't need another con man trying to sell us moonbeams. We need someone we can all trust; and at the moment that person can only be someone that Walter gives his full blessing to, because Walter and Ally are the only two people at Ibrox that everyone trusts (off the park, anyway).

Although I do think Green should have considered getting ahead of the game once it was revealed that Whyte recorded his conversations, that's where I think a big mistake was made.

By then it would still have been too late. Green would then have been seen to come clean only *after* he had been found out.

Green and his tribe are, quite simply, not the right sort of people for Rangers.

By then it would still have been too late. Green would then have been seen to come clean only *after* he had been found out.

Green and his tribe are, quite simply, not the right sort of people for Rangers.

I believe the idealistic owners/board etc do not exist, but we shall see I guess.