Board Meeting today - apparently

I think the devil will be in the detail of the report....

Indeed and under normal circumstances I wouldn't expect us to even get a glimpse of the nitty gritty details, but in these times, with the ongoing boardroom & PR war being played out in public, it's possible that the whole report will be leaked if there's anything in it that one side thinks they can benefit from.

Indeed and under normal circumstances I wouldn't expect us to even get a glimpse of the nitty gritty details, but in these times, with the ongoing boardroom & PR war being played out in public, it's possible that the whole report will be leaked if there's anything in it that one side thinks they can benefit from.

I expect we'll see Craig Mather reading the full report aloud on YouTube... :D

All good news if true.

Regan was vocal enough about reserving the right to ask further questions of Rangers if the investigation turned anything up.

Given his stated sympathy for the fans, I'm sure we are all waiting for him to hold a press conference exonerating us and telling the world how happy he is that he can put everything behind him and move on.

Firstly Steve, this wasn't an internal review. It was an external review independently overseen by a QC.

Secondly, we await official confirmation of the outcome but I'd wager this could turn out to be the best 6 figure sum the club has paid out in a while, on the assumption adamski's information is correct. If the SFA want to conduct their own review then they can go ahead, but we've seen how much it cost us, so it will likely be similar for them, so I doubt they'll go anywhere near it unless serious questions remain.

I've said already that this was a necessary process to go through. I reckon the 7 figure sum quoted by some is part of the hyperbole surrounding the boardroom shenanigans. But as I've also said, once this report is public, stand by for the real powerplays. Who will step up and play?

As some have said, I would also not pass the full report to Regan. It'll end up getting dissected and examined on the Internet and being used against us.

No

regan said they had asked specific questions and wanted specific answers.

Let them have those answers. Nothing more.

There is no doubt that this "was a necessary process to go through", I could not agree more. I hope you are correct in everything else you say but I just doubt it will be accepted as you portray. You talk as though we are treated normally and with justice. This is The Rangers in Scotland - rules change to our detriment in all cases and in this case people were suspicious to begin with.

The headlines will be: "Deloitte find Deloitte innocent". If you claim it is an independent investigation with no conflict of interest, then they will reply that this is not what we said re Harper and McLeod.

There is no doubt that this "was a necessary process to go through", I could not agree more. I hope you are correct in everything else you say but I just doubt it will be accepted as you portray. You talk as though we are treated normally and with justice. This is The Rangers in Scotland - rules change to our detriment in all cases and in this case people were suspicious to begin with.

The headlines will be: "Deloitte find Deloitte innocent". If you claim it is an independent investigation with no conflict of interest, then they will reply that this is not what we said re Harper and McLeod.

I don't think this is Deloitte investigating themselves. They are doing some forensic investigation for sure, but that is being overseen by Pinsent Masons and by an independent QC. The Harper MacLeod role in the SPL commission was different. We were told they were low-level paper gatherers when it actually turned out that their partner was heading up the investigation and arguing the case against us. But I take your poiont about us not being treated fairly.

However, by structuring the process like it has been, there are sufficient checks and balances in place to adequately defend the process against accusations of partiality. Hence why I say, if the SFA want to question the outcome, it will be on their own coin - and I doubt even they will be keen to fork out a 6 or 7 figure sum like we have.

Much of this is not official info, still, I deem it important enough to share:

There apparently was a board meeting at Ibrox today, where those in attendance were given the results of the independent investigation about the clubs and its (former) officials dealing with Whyte:

More if it is available and can be verified.

Thread on FF

What's Member Suite Patron?