Kieran Prior - Full Q & A

the person who made the remark about him making money by saving on trainers should be booted out of ibrox and off the internet this type of comment does our club and fans bot one bit of good lets leave these kind of comments to the other side of the divide .

Do we know it was a Bear that made those comments ? Serious question, I haven't seen anything. He took it light-heartedly though, even though he was well within his rights to be offended.

Rightio, this is all good to know and interesting. What the club surely does not need now is more board-room strife and trouble ... at least not one that is being spilled out and being scrutinized by people who in general have both no clue and even less brains.

I hope he gets into contact with Walter Smith and some fangroups, talks with Mather and they start sorting it in a civilized manner. While the share prize is as low as it is, one would hope that e.g. King or McColl take up the shares required for a buy out and forces these unknown entities like Blue Pitch and Co. out of the club. Then he can offer them to people with brains and people who care.

Boardroom strife may actually be EXACTLY what we need right now. We have a boardroom that has been dysfunctional pretty much since Charles Green took over - and some are still there. A clear out from top to bottom is what is needed - and if strife brings that then I am all for it.

I will agree, though, that it shouldn't be done publicly.

I am liking Mr Prior so far - in 24 hours he has done enough due diligence and looked "under the hood" to realize not only are we overpaying executives but also that we have time to rebuild the foundations of our club (I especially like the statement about youth academy). It is early days, but I would already be keen to see him given a Non-Executive position on the board - he certainly is intelligent but as much as that he has a city, financial analysis type of background.

Do we know it was a Bear that made those comments ? Serious question, I haven't seen anything. He took it light-heartedly though, even though he was well within his rights to be offended.

I think all the comments in the "interview" are from Prior, questions as well as answers. Surely not even a Scottish journalist would say "And you couldn't even run away when you got into trouble....."

It's very common for this to happen, increasingly so since e-mail encouraged non-verbal interviews.

My innovations are that every Tom, Dick and Harry financial wizard seems to claim they are Rangers supporters these days and tell us exactly what we want to hear. Green, Whyte and now an Irish Catholic who has supported Rangers for years. I keep getting the feeling someone is pulling the strings to see how much shit they can pour on top of us while splitting their sides in the background. I hope and pray I am wrong but sometimes conspiracies do happen.

the person who made the remark about him making money by saving on trainers should be booted out of ibrox and off the internet this type of comment does our club and fans bot one bit of good lets leave these kind of comments to the other side of the divide .

Who says it wasn't one of them?

I fear Mr Prior will now get tons of abuse from TGU. There seems to be a lot of suspicion from our fans about him partly because of the horrors we've suffered from everyone else with money who touches us. Those taking it further and seeing him as an enemy because of his RC background will presumably need Malcolm Murray to confirm that the guy has been friendly toward Rangers/interested in us in the past?

Green and Whyte never had a pot to piss in mate.

As for the RC bit, he has already said himself, he is NOT a man of God, not that it matters. In fact, in not being a man of God, i find it easier to trust him and put my faith in him!

he isn't catholic. nor is he Irish for that matter.

It was BBC Scotland who put this on their 'gossip page' when news first broke of Mr Prior's interest in Rangers

Kieran Prior, a 34-year-old Goldman Sachs trader, Manchester United fan from an Irish Catholic background and with one of the highest IQ levels in the world, claims to be on the brink of buying a stake in Rangers.

Although very true, where did the BBC getting this info from and why did they feel the need to highlight it?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22885110

Edited by 54andcounting