Help bail us out Gers

Not a chance we should be getting involved with this. That clubs owner and fans delighted in our troubles.

You just have to recall our last match against them to see how much sympathy we got to our plight, a plight they are now enduring themselves.

Hearts will still be around as they are a big club, but they should get no help from us and if they have to go down the same route as us, I.e. liquidation of the company and the club restarting in div 3, then so be it. If they manage a CVA and stay in the top flight, fair enough, but not one scrap of help should come their way from us.

Talk of the moral high ground is nonsensical, as it has got us absolutely nowhere over the last decade but trodden over. If we have learned anything this last couple of years it is that we have to fight for everything we are going to get, and there are plenty out there trying to stop us at every turn. There are no morals in Scottish football, and here is no high ground either. Our game is entirely in the gutter and we are in no position to change this at this time. Things will have to change when we get back to the top league but for now things are still too sore and raw IMO to try to score brownie points with those who hate us.

moral high ground is for us to enjoy not others.

I used to be a huge advocate for taking the moral high ground, for always doing things the way Mr Struth would have done.

But taking the moral high ground when nobody else has any morals is pointless. Yet I long for the day when we can again ensure our football is morally sound, and we are leading the ethical and moral way as our club always used to do last century.

But negotiating what Frankie? We have absolutely no say because of the new voting structures until at least.2 years, and any redesign will be forced through next year by the top division clubs regardless of what we or anyone else thinks.

The only thing we can do is help ourselves and the rest will fall into place. Get a good youth programme, get a good business model, and get a team on the pitch which can challenge for the league in two years time. In those two years I hope the rest of Scottish football continues to stumble, and that Celtic in particular get put out of Europe early. That way there's less of a gap for us to bridge and we can push on quicker.

The sooner we're back at the top the sooner we can bring stability to the rest.

But negotiating what Frankie? We have absolutely no say because of the new voting structures until at least.2 years, and any redesign will be forced through next year by the op division clubs regardless of what we or anyone else thinks.

The only thing we can do is help ourselves and the rest will fall into place. Get a good youth programme, get a good business model, and get a team on the pitch which can challenge for the league in two years time. In hose two years I hope the rest of Scottish football continues to stumble, and that Celtic in particular get put out of Europe early. That way there's less of a gap for us to bridge and we can use on quicker.

The sooner we're back at the top the sooner we can bring stability to the rest.

That's what I mean by leadership. Put together a business model and work together with other clubs to secure all our futures.

Yes, it's not going to happen today or tomorrow but the more positive we are, the more likely we can assume our place at the top of the tree - both on and off the pitch.

Guest TheMainEvent

I'm just back from hospital after nearly choking on my cornflakes when I saw the back page of The Scottish Sun this morning. You sometimes can't believe the audacity of clubs that took sheer delight in our problems last year. For this bear and many more reading these forums those problems we endured last year a still a sore point and the actions of others will never be forgotten. As far as I'm concerned Hearts can GTF. You reap what you sow and the turkeys should have thought before the voted for Christmas.

As I mentioned before....i think the club should politely decline.....after all we are "only" a wee 2nd division club - hearts predicament has nothing to do with us.....why are they not approaching other SPL clubs???

To get an idea of hearts fan views on the situation....have a wee flick at the jambs kickback website. They hate Rangers with a passion. They are still revelling in our down fall, while confident the their situation is nothing to worry about. They still claim that we were fielding players we couldn't afford, yet for the past 5 or 6 years they have been paying players 100%+ of their annual turnover.

Rangers should lead the way when it comes to Scottish football. Most fans, myself included, wouldn't be happy with helping a club and support that led the way in criticism of our situation but if Scottish football is ever to be fixed then we may have to do things that leave a bad taste in the mouth.

Anything else is cutting off our nose to spite our face.

Like it or not we need to rebuild friendships with other Scottish sides if we're to smash the Liewell-led cabal which is destroying Scottish football. Hearts, being the 3rd biggest club in Scotland, would be a good start along with Dunfermline who are another biggish club. If we can add the likes of Motherwell,Dundee & Killie then who knows maybe even a breakaway league could be set up, which would need to allow for some sort of financial amnesty, and we could take the fight directly to the cabal

EVen looking at it from our playing side. We've got our own season to prepare for. Dont let the minds of the players wonder.

We've got a trip up north to play Broar then Elgin then a few German sides. Thats exactly what we need. We dont need an emotional cup final for no reason. Who knows what the cup draw will bring.

Jog on Hertz.

Like it or not we need to rebuild friendships with other Scottish sides if we're to smash the Liewell-led cabal which is destroying Scottish football. Hearts, being the 3rd biggest club in Scotland, would be a good start along with Dunfermline who are another biggish club. If we can add the likes of Motherwell,Dundee & Killie then who knows maybe even a breakaway league could be set up, which would need to allow for some sort of financial amnesty, and we could take the fight directly to the cabal

Rab, your usually spot on but not here. We made 9 good friends season in Div 3 and will make another 8 this season in Div 2 with the exception of Dunfermline. Its not about us making friends, its about them making it up to us. No way are crawling up the ass of anyone else.

The likes of Killie, Motherwell etc will be mended at the right time when we play them.

Rab, your usually spot on but not here. We made 9 good friends season in Div 3 and will make another 8 this season in Div 2 with the exception of Dunfermline. Its not about us making friends, its about them making it up to us. No way are crawling up the ass of anyone else.

The likes of Killie, Motherwell etc will be mended at the right time when we play them.

my point is mate how do we destroy the liewell-led cabal before it totally destroys Scottish football?