McCoist blaming Green for today!!

Honestly I could fucking cry at the "you don't know what Ally has had to work with" complete and utter bollocks. Lets just say Ally is having pins stuck in his eyes on a Monday and Tuesday. And then the poor soul is having his nose hairs tugged on a Wednesday. But then he is let loose on the training field for the rest of the week. He would have time for a game plan, favoured formation, and football philosophy? No?

Can anyone tell me another manager in history who has been in the job as long as him and we have still no clue what his views are on ANY of these questions? Do we play a pressing game? High front line? Flat back four? Sweeper? Wingers? Player in the hole in front of one striker? Two strikers? Zonal marking? 11 defending corners in the lowest tier of our country's game is probably the only one we know.

C'mon guys wake up. He is sending us backwards at high speed. 3 years to nurture an ethos with the right manager, yet we are going to end up back in the PL needing to spend millions to compete. FFS (I think I will just cry).

Funny, I thought football and sport in general were about enjoyment and entertainment.

How silly of me.

I think you're getting mixed up with the likes of the Harlem Globe Trotters. You are not paying for entertainment, you are paying to witness a sport event. Who the heck is entertained by their team suffering a defeat. Is athletics really entertaining? Sorry you're sacked as you didn't run the 100 metres in an entertaining way. Try supporting any other Scottish club for a couple of months and report back how entertained you were.

That is just showing total ignorance of all sport. Try the theatre instead. This is reality.

Edited by calscot

Honestly I could fucking cry at the "you don't know what Ally has had to work with" complete and utter bollocks. Lets just say Ally is having pins stuck in his eyes on a Monday and Tuesday. And then the poor soul is having his nose hairs tugged on a Wednesday. But then he is let loose on the training field for the rest of the week. He would have time for a game plan, favoured formation, and football philosophy? No?

Can anyone tell me another manager in history who has been in the job as long as him and we have still no clue what his views are on ANY of these questions? Do we play a pressing game? High front line? Flat back four? Sweeper? Wingers? Player in the hole in front of one striker? Two strikers? Zonal marking? 11 defending corners in the lowest tier of our country's game is probably the only one we know.C'mon guys wake up. He is sending us backwards at high speed. 3 years to nurture an ethos with the right manager, yet we are going to end up back in the PL needing to spend millions to compete. FFS (I think I will just cry).

he got that one from Walter, he didn't even think of that one on his own, but totally agree, why would Rangers need to play that against any team in the Scottish 3rd division with our playing resources, advertises that Ally has not had an original tactical thought of his own since being parachuted into his management role.

I think you're getting mixed up with the likes of the Harlem Globe Trotters. You are not paying for entertainment, you are paying to witness a sport event. Who the heck is entertained by their team suffering a defeat. Is athletics really entertaining? Sorry you're sacked as you didn't run the 100 metres in an entertaining way. Try supporting any other Scottish club for a couple of months and report back how entertained you were.

That is just showing total ignorance of all sport. Try the theatre instead. This is reality.

Calscot this is my 10th season in a row as a season ticket holder at Rangers, i'm not going anywhere.

I know there are a multitude of ways to win a football game, but I wasn't aware it was the same for the 100 metres sprint. I'm obviously ignorant as well. Can you enlighten me on that one?

I think that is very harsh.

I expect and hope to be entertained by skill, good football, effort and commitment when I go to watch Rangers.

Unfortunately for the last several years the skill and good football have been lacking. I wouldn't mind being beaten by a better team but I do expect to be treated to some decent football.

Sport is about enjoyment and entertainment. Now I know that if you have a particular allegiance then you need to experience some rough with the smooth but it doesn't mean you negate the right to expect some entertainment, it's expensive enough after all.

I would have had greater respect for Ally had he waited until we had Won the game and made those comments. Instead he lost the game and done it straight after, to everyone outside of Rangers, that looked like he was trying blame Green, that is poor. If he waited till sunday (at the earliest) it would of looked better to all!

and here's the deal if Ally is struggling with the team he put out today then something is very wrong. That Rangers side contained 4 Scotland internationals and a Northern Ireland international. There is experience in that squad, they should be motivated, determined , fitter and tactically aware in what they have to do. they should be able to grind out results for days like this. Instead they got turned over by players who were not good enough to be pro. They have to work during the week and then they train maybe twice aweek before the game, whilst our (full time) players have all week to hone their talents and prepare, if our manager cannot get them prepared then maybe we do need to look elsewhere!

The better a team performs, the more likely they are to achieve success in the long term. If you look at the champions league, you generally don't see teams in the later stages who play football like we do.

And most of us do want some level of entertainment. Clearly you don't because it suits your current agenda.