I like the idea of a membership scheme but I don't believe it should be implemented until the board is sorted out and we have directors we can actually trust in place. I'd be very concerned that current directors promoting this would be doing so as a sop to the fans and I know they already thought of introducing a half arsed scheme at the start of this season for precisely that reason. This needs to be done properly once the club is secure and the fans can rely on those implementing any scheme.

I think the scheme has to be set up with the ultimate goal of securing 51% of the club. Surely that has to be the goal for every supporter after what has gone on.

Who is Arnold Black?

He is a semi retired accountant who wrote this article http://www.therangersstandard.co.uk/index.php/articles/current-affairs/276-fan-involvement-an-alternative-model, that was posted here by rbr before the recent crash.

I managed to connect with him but had never met him till yesterday.

I like the idea of a membership scheme but I don't believe it should be implemented until the board is sorted out and we have directors we can actually trust in place. I'd be very concerned that current directors promoting this would be doing so as a sop to the fans and I know they already thought of introducing a half arsed scheme at the start of this season for precisely that reason. This needs to be done properly once the club is secure and the fans can rely on those implementing any scheme.

Fair point.

That's why I said next season.

I think the scheme has to be set up with the ultimate goal of securing 51% of the club. Surely that has to be the goal for every supporter after what has gone on.

I'm sorry but I think this confuses share ownership and a membership scheme once again.

Unless the Club ceases to be a plc, the only way to gain "control" is to buy sufficient shares, ergo the current battle amongst the investors. RST raised £250k when the chips were down, very commendable but doesn't look at what is needed.

If you started with a blank sheet of paper, then the German model is what most fans would go for, I'm sure; sadly we don't have a blank sheet of paper.

But a large membership base would be powerful and influential and could gain Board seats depending on the size of the membership; ultimately the legal structure of the Club might change but I don't see that happening any time soon.

SDM could have given the fans his shares for £1 but the fans didn't have £30M to invest (of course neither did CW, but that is another story).

Masterton & Co wrote off all their debt which is why the fans now own Dunfermline; but the bigger the Club the harder it would be to make that happen, can't see people like CG doing that any time soon, can you? Of course Craig Whyte promised..............

SDM could have given the fans his shares for £1 but the fans didn't have £30M to invest (of course neither did CW, but that is another story).

He did manage to con Ticketus into clearing the bank debt though. Somehow I don't think the fans would have ended up being thankful to SDM even if he had sold us the club instead of CW.

Like you say though, that's another story.

I'm sorry but I think this confuses share ownership and a membership scheme once again.

Unless the Club ceases to be a plc, the only way to gain "control" is to buy sufficient shares, ergo the current battle amongst the investors. RST raised £250k when the chips were down, very commendable but doesn't look at what is needed.

If you started with a blank sheet of paper, then the German model is what most fans would go for, I'm sure; sadly we don't have a blank sheet of paper.

But a large membership base would be powerful and influential and could gain Board seats depending on the size of the membership; ultimately the legal structure of the Club might change but I don't see that happening any time soon.

Masterton & Co wrote off all their debt which is why the fans now own Dunfermline; but the bigger the Club the harder it would be to make that happen, can't see people like CG doing that any time soon, can you? Of course Craig Whyte promised..............

Well we definitely need to have guarantees about board representation. Suppose anything that gives the fans a voice can only be a good thing. Would certainly be a step in the right direction.