Well, we all know that diehard football fans are a special breed of human being, aren't they?

Fair point, but I stand by my assertion that a membership scheme - while attractive - has to be able to stand alone simply as an expression of your pride in your team. Sticking on benefits like discounts (which I think Tannochside Bear pointed out would likely have the club running for the hills anyway) or golf days seem like transient awards which could be a bit 'here today, gone tomorrow'.

I think most of us would be willing to shell out a small amount to be able to whip out their Blue Card at every opportunity. Personally I don't need anything else than the sense of belonging a bit more to Rangers and, as I've said, the thought of some candidates getting into the board room gives me the shivers.

When it comes to candidates*, the "democracy" sets in. A list of people should be put forward and agreed upon. We live in the 21st century, so essentially all "members" should be able to get a vote in. (And while I am at it, to keep costs for all parties down, e-mail or internet platforms should be utilized here.) As with political elections, you may very well don't get the vote of your choice, but would that make your love for the club dwindle? What "our" (i.e. the members' board) folk should primarily care about is how "our" money is spend. The membership scheme invests in the club and its well being - which is what all membership schemes care about first and foremost, not team selection or players brought in. That should be clear fro the off.

As for the "goodies" on offer, well this is part and parcel of modern day life. Still, this all can be kept within reasonable limits. An e.g. meet up with your favourite player (alongside with 20 other members), a guided tour through Ibrox or Auchenhowie wouldn't be that much of a burden to the club or the player involved.

*Brian Laudrup? Uli Hoeneß also started somewhere ...

It's all fine and well to say let's put the past to bed and move forward together for the good of the club, but the bad blood between you and some of the people in the RST combined with the whole John Bennett saga will mean a membership proposal with your name involved is never going to last longer than a few minutes on FF. That's an unacceptable handicap for any such scheme.

Seems to me that the same argument goes for the RST which suggests they should NOT be involved at all - especially as they seem to be the ones continuing with the bad blood.

They never seem to fail to contradict my low opinion of them and especially MD. The thing that makes me scratch my head is the question of why so many fans put up with such a dictator driven forum that shows no benevolence whatsoever?

Seems to me that the same argument goes for the RST which suggests they should NOT be involved at all - especially as they seem to be the ones continuing with the bad blood.

They never seem to fail to contradict my low opinion of them and especially MD. The thing that makes me scratch my head is the question of why so many fans put up with such a dictator driven forum that shows no benevolence whatsoever?

Methinks one of Gersnet's prime rules was not to have a go at other boards?

I have been on the various incarnations of FF ever since it was on the internet. Never had any sort of trouble with admins et al over there ... and my opinions are sure not always "pro-FF-mainstream". They sure have a more strict administration, but also what, 20 times more members than Gersnet and are constantly invaded by Yahoo would-be prowlers?

Please explain with specific examples and evidence.

Please explain with specific examples and evidence.

Eh, they just pulled a very interesting and reasonable thread on FF for no apparent reason other than the original source with whom there is reputed bad blood...

I did say "seem" as I have no other knowledge than the hearsay on here - but this type of stuff seems to be mentioned A LOT along with loads of bans for not toeing the party line.

I'm not a member of FF but my opinion of them is highly tainted by what I've continuously heard and I have no interest in joining. I like an free, open forum which is what we seem to have here.

I've been wary of MD since the days of the Rangers email list some 18 years ago.