Eh, they just pulled a very interesting and reasonable thread on FF for no apparent reason other than the original source with whom there is reputed bad blood...

I did say "seem" as I have no other knowledge than the hearsay on here - but this type of stuff seems to be mentioned A LOT along with loads of bans for not toeing the party line.

I'm not a member of FF but my opinion of them is highly tainted by what I've continuously heard and I have no interest in joining. I like an free, open forum which is what we seem to have here.

I've been wary of MD since the days of the Rangers email list some 18 years ago.

FF is not the RST.

Eh, they just pulled a very interesting and reasonable thread on FF for no apparent reason other than the original source with whom there is reputed bad blood...

I did say "seem" as I have no other knowledge than the hearsay on here - but this type of stuff seems to be mentioned A LOT along with loads of bans for not toeing the party line.

I'm not a member of FF but my opinion of them is highly tainted by what I've continuously heard and I have no interest in joining. I like an free, open forum which is what we seem to have here.

I've been wary of MD since the days of the Rangers email list some 18 years ago.

So what about the RST 'continuing the bad blood'?

Going back to the topic, I don't think a membership scheme would work until we have fan ownership. This seems like an expansion of the Assembly which we will pay for. It may be more representative which is a good thing but I'm unsure whether this will capture the imagination of those fans who already buy season tickets and merchandise. Getting a greater say and even Board representation means very little (and I know I am going against RST aims here) while we are a PLC. LSE regulations would prevent the rep(s) from disclosing anything. Would having a Board rep have made any difference in terms of what has gone on recently? I personally think we should be going all out for fan ownership.

There is only one connection and he is only a small part of the RST Board.

Yes you may know that however the wider support believe he is the RST , until this is addressed the RST will always have a problem , I dont know how many times this needs pointed out yet nothing is ever done about it

I started the thread yesterday on FF which was pulled. I believe it was pulled because someone/Admin didn't want it discussed. Now as someone who is sympathetic to your aims, I would say this does no favours to the RST or FF.

That goes whether you are associated to FF or not.

I don't think a membership scheme would work until we have fan ownership.

Then you will never have a membership scheme.

RST raised £250k recently at a time of great crisis and very commendable too, and has raised other money over the years for share purchase in Gersave but these amounts are trivial in terms of ownership.

You need 10x - 100x that amount to begin to be a serious player in terms of ownership.

I joined the RST because I thought it WAS possible although I didn't agree with the way RST was going about it and hoped to change that.

The problem as you well know is that all the serious money players have their own agendas, as we are witnessing right now.

A membership scheme is achievable and affordable now for most fans and I would suggest might even be a means to a long term end.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

[/b]

In what way?

There are a number of possibilities:

1. An option of subscribing for shares could be offered alongside the membership fee.
  2. The structure of the Club might be altered
  3. Members might be offered new shares
  4. If the membership scheme is successful in giving fans a voice on certain issues then they might be encouraged to have a greater voice by becoming shareholders.
  5. A benevolent existing shareholder might be inclined to gift shares to a members block rather than sell on the open market

I am sure there are more.