I'm not defending Donald Muir, just saying he and Lloyds' presence is what brought the debt down.

SDM's absense is what brought the debt down, just as it did when he previously stepped down. That's not to say Lloyds didn't tighten the purse strings more than our board would have done otherwise. Lloyds were overkeen to reclaim the debt to the point of negative publicity and forcing the sale of the club to Whyte.

I hadn't heard that before....

He doesn't work for free that's for sure rumoured to be £6k a day at RSM Tenon, of course he's there at Lloyds behest not RSM Tenon's. They're in takeover talks with Baker Tily wonder what since of bonus Lloyds will give him for pulling that one off.

A matter of days after Lloyds received their £18m in regards to RFC Donald Muir applied to dissolve his highly cash rich company Titanium Advisory Services of course that action meant he didn't have to file accounts to Companies House for the period that included the RFC "takeover" by Whyte so had the effect of hiding Muir's remuneration from prying eyes.

So p murray is to blame for debt going up but not down?

I think all of the directors have to take part of the blame for the debt going up. I don't buy their excuse that SDM called all the shots and they thought he had it covered. They knew the level bank debt and they wrongly assumed SDM would be in a position to bale the club out again and again. They took the risk of that assumption and should be blamed for it.

I'll be honest and say I'm not sure about Paul Murray. I don't know if he's the best man for the job. Clearly plenty of other respected businessmen with the best interest of the club at heart seem to think so though.