Watching this story unfold, I wondered how long Jum Spence would take to allow former 'zine colleagues to embrace him?

Muirhead, Brennan, McConville , and McGillivan rode to the rescue, they realise how important Spence is to their message. Phil McStupinames has an official position with the NUJ, Irish Observer/representative type thing. This is incredible, given his notorious piece on Rangers supporters, 'the Incubator'. Paul Holleran is the NUJ's Scottish Organiser and his past is as shady as Phil's. Thirty years ago, he was sacked at the Rutherglen Reformer for telling lies in print. He popped up in Liverpool and fully subscribed to the Militant cause ie controlling a national political party from the inside.

The imagery above comparing Jum to a big Chow is perfect, he has decided to lay down with some rabid dogs. He will be scratching this itch for decades.

The media MO is clear enough with RFC fan complaints such as this issue.

Deflect from the valid points being made by dehumanising and denigrating our support (Nazis, Stazi, abusive, insulting etc) while completely ignoring one side of the argument.

This happens time and time again. The fact its a publicly funded broadcaster, a trade union and several journalists behind it should be worrying to every Rangers fan. Indeed, this kind of thing should also be obvious to the club as it's been happening now for nigh on ten years.

If you take a step back, it's actually quite impressive. The (anti-)Establishment at work...

Great replies, Amms and Frankie.

The people who are lowering the tone of the debate with abusive messages need to be told repeatedly how counter productive this is.

While I would absolutely condemn this sort of response, it does not change the nature of the original complaint. I think those who have made the initial complaint should continue with it, right to the top of the tree.

It has become acceptable to call us Huns, so Nazis and Stasi are just an extension of that. The longer we tolerate it, the bolder they will become. The club need to make this unacceptable "journalism" a matter of national debate.

These chancers are being funded by you and I and should not be using their positions to pursue their own bigoted agendas. That is the change that needs to be brought about by BBC Scotland.

As for Speirs and English, I don't feed the trolls.

The media MO is clear enough with RFC fan complaints such as this issue.

Deflect from the valid points being made by dehumanising and denigrating our support (Nazis, Stazi, abusive, insulting etc) while completely ignoring one side of the argument.

This happens time and time again. The fact its a publicly funded broadcaster, a trade union and several journalists behind it should be worrying to every Rangers fan. Indeed, this kind of thing should also be obvious to the club as it's been happening now for nigh on ten years.

If you take a step back, it's actually quite impressive. The (anti-)Establishment at work...

But Frankie, if we had boxed clever we could have given them no room to wriggle out of it.

I'm not saying don't take the BBC to task, I'm not saying don't complain. But every time we get someone on the rack, a great horde of nitwits come thundering over the horizon shouting about ****** this and kafflick that. We're never going to get anywhere until we make it super clear that this pish has got to stop. It needs shouted from the top of the club down to the smallest messageboard.

Or else, we stay where we are, as you say, dehumanised and marginalised. I'm sick of that everyone is sick of it, when are we going to do something about the lumpen pseudo-religious idiots who manacle themselves to Rangers, dragging the club down with them?

/rant

But Frankie, if we had boxed clever we could have given them no room to wriggle out of it.

I'm not saying don't take the BBC to task, I'm not saying don't complain. But every time we get someone on the rack, a great horde of nitwits come thundering over the horizon shouting about ****** this and kafflick that. We're never going to get anywhere until we make it super clear that this pish has got to stop. It needs shouted from the top of the club down to the smallest messageboard.

Or else, we stay where we are, as you say, dehumanised and marginalised. I'm sick of that everyone is sick of it, when are we going to do something about the lumpen pseudo-religious idiots who manacle themselves to Rangers, dragging the club down with them?

/rant

It is rather demoralising that in this case we had a good result initially with the BBC Trust statement but as you say - folk just get on the bandwagon and go OTT and gives our detractors grounds which the MSM are more than happy to revisit and play up.

I totally condemn the threats, abuse etc that was levied at Spence - but given what has happened, folk need to look at this and realise that Speirs, English et al will not engage over this when we ask about it...but they are quick off the mark to come out and use their influence to slaughter the mindless fans.

I am also all for making official complaints in the correct mannor through the only process that is available to us - but i do feel that Chris Graham may have been slightly over-zealous with this on twitter which has most definately had a negative effect on all of this. Which is a shame as more often than not I agree with his views. but this one, I feel, has backfired on us.

/rant

I agree with what you say, I'm short on solutions though. How do you change that mindset, how do you convince someone you don't know that aggression online is as unacceptable as aggression in 'real life'? The anonymity afforded by the internet undoubtedly lulls people into believing anything goes. But in some cases i've seen these people do it in their own name, with avatars featuring their kids and themselves for all too see.

The club won't allow that behaviour in the ground (indeed the law won't), places like this won't allow that behaviour online but email and Twitter are ungoverned. It comes down to the law then, and prosecutions.

It's frustrating, what can be done about it I'm not sure though.

To be honest I'm surprised people are buying the deflection I alluded to.

Do we even have any evidence of these threats and abuse Spence is supposed to have suffered from? No, none at all. Sure, it wouldn't surprise me if a few idiots resorted to such nonsense but I'd also say the vast, vast majority of the 400 people who complained about Spence (including Rangers FC) would have done so respectfully and sensibly. And that's what we're talking about here.

Let's not get side-tracked onto a problem that is only being highlighted by people to deflect from the issue at hand - namely Spence's incompetence and own insulting behaviour.

We all knew Jim Spence was working to an agenda, but it's interesting to see who has come out the shadows and the woodwork as part of that agenda. The usual suspects and some unusual suspects running to his defense, Spence is now tarred by the sectarian brush along with Mr Multi names Phil.