Minutes of meeting with Craig Mather, Brian Stockbridge etc

MEMBERSHIP SCHEMES

AS - Any membership scheme launched by the club must be genuine and not a license to buy a ticket. It must be backed up by an supporter owned equity holding otherwise the board could close the scheme at any time or simply choose to ignore it.

CM - I'm in favour of a membership scheme but we need practical ways to facilitate representation. We chose not to launch one this summer as we didn't feel it we had the right vehicle at that time. We genuinely want to provide a mechanism for as many fans as possible, in fact all fans, to have their views heard. Open to suggestions.

TG - explained the background to the formation and operation of the Assembly. Likewise DR for the Association and RJ for the Trust.

DR - plenty of problems regarding the operation of any membership scheme and the organisations exist to represent their members in specific roles. We express the views of the majority of our members through meetings and elections.

JT - a membership scheme can be developed jointly with the fans and the club. Consultation needs to be wide-ranging.

RJ - we had 14 pages of questions raised by members for this meeting - we might have covered 10% of them. We will feedback through our website and will make the info available to other groups.

TG - the Assembly is conducting a review of it's operations.

I want to know more about the membership scheme that Craig Mather mentioned. I suspect any scheme the club proposes will only serve to replace lost revenue from low ticket prices. It will most likely also serve as a diversion for fans who are inclined towards fan ownership.

I just love this bit:

"BS - with hindsight I should have been rewarded for financial performance not football basis."

in other words BS, (how very apt are those initials) recognises that he should have been paid for the job he did, rather than the job McCoist did.

Sometimes it's hard to know where incompetence and disfunction end and corruption begins.

I don't think we can deny bonus payments to anyone at the club who is entitled to them providing they are reasonable. Bonus payments are part & parcel of football whether we like it or not. Almost major clubs would appear to have them but these bonuses were exorbitant for SFL3 along with the manager's salary

I just love this bit:

"BS - with hindsight I should have been rewarded for financial performance not football basis."

in other words BS, (how very apt are those initials) recognises that he should have been paid for the job he did, rather than the job McCoist did.

Sometimes it's hard to know where incompetence and disfunction end and corruption begins.

When CG was in place as CEO, a number of people on this forum pointed out that for all his talk, there was little in his background to suggest that he had the qualifications to fulfil the office of CEO at such a huge club like Glasgow Rangers. OK, he spent some time doing the CEO job at Sheffield United a number of years back but following his departure from there, his record in management was modest.

Stockbridge has plenty of financial experience but again his CV reveals that he was unlikely to be equipped to handle the crucial role of FD at Rangers. He appears to have been more of an advisor on financial matters than someone who was expected to make important decisions in a n important organisation.

I have no idea whether it is fair to suggest that Stockbridge is in any way corrupt but his responses at the recent meeting and previous ones underlines that we need someone far more capable to be our director of finance.

I just love this bit:

I never refused a bonus payment or pay raise either so unless he was deciding his own remuneration, I don't really blame BS.

I think we tend to get caught up on the detail of what people are making rather than the process of how they got there. There was clearly a culture of self-enrichment amongst some at Rangers. I think BS benefited from that but I doubt he was the instigator.

I never refused a bonus payment or pay raise either so unless he was deciding his own remuneration, I don't really blame BS.

I think we tend to get caught up on the detail of what people are making rather than the process of how they got there. There was clearly a culture of self-enrichment amongst some at Rangers. I think BS benefited from that but I doubt he was the instigator.

I think for many years we have paid over the odds.