RST - Jim McColl and Paul Murray to meet three fan groups

There is other ways and other people to use, open answer on twitter, interview with STV, possibly rangerschat(Never listened so don't know much about it).

Will the three groups ask their members for questions to put forward?

The RST has already e-mailed members to ask for questions. I can't speak for the other groups.

I take it you haven't seen RM and FF (to a lesser degree). The only one that has access to call a meeting of the sort people are requesting is probably Jim Hannah and I don't think he'd be allowed to do that. Otherwise, how do you ensure a public meeting is free from non-Rangers fans?

Not sure what JH has to do with this?

PM could easily book the WRC (or a suitable bigger venue) and police it by making it season book entry only. I'm sure big Andy would relish knocking back anyone without one... ;)

Appreciate that does have financial and logistical costs but open meetings can take place if these people really want it. Worked for Celtic in 1994.

To be honest, I think there's scope for two such meetings - one like the above and a more formal, structured one like the fan groups have arranged.

Not sure what JH has to do with this?

PM could easily book the WRC (or a suitable bigger venue) and police it by making it season book entry only. I'm sure big Andy would relish knocking back anyone without one... ;)

Appreciate that does have financial and logistical costs but open meetings can take place if these people really want it. Worked for Celtic in 1994.

To be honest, I think there's scope for two such meetings - one like the above and a more formal, structured one like the fan groups have arranged.

Why not get a Trust member to put that in question form and send it in?

To be fair, I'm not so sure it's as much a criticism of you guys but more those that are arranging the meeting.

I think I've written before that McCollco would be well advised to hold an open meeting for season book holders to attend rather than limit it (rightly or wrongly) to fans who may be seen as already in the camp so to speak.

In saying that, I'm pretty confident those who attend will ask suitable questions and report back to the rest of us. Certainly the overall quality/scope of the questions and minutes of the recent club meeting were very good IMO.

On the back of BrahimHemdani's comment that "none of these groups represent me or the vast majority of Rangers fans" I have a thought.

I do think that your idea, Frankie, of a meeting with book holders in a sound one. However this sparks a wee idea.

Why not take it further and have a "Season Ticket Holder's Association" or some such thing? We should think about the benefits before we put forward the usual obstacles.

On the back of BrahimHemdani's comment that "none of these groups represent me or the vast majority of Rangers fans" I have a thought.

I do think that your idea, Frankie, of a meeting with book holders in a sound one. However this sparks a wee idea.

Why not take it further and have a "Season Ticket Holder's Association" or some such thing? We should think about the benefits before we put forward the usual obstacles.

I think that's why there's been a fair bit of discussion about a Members Scheme where the Assembly is revamped to actually work properly in terms of representing the fans it claims to represent.

I'd also like to see the return of the Rangers Rally each summer. Something like a domestic NARSA event over one June/July weekend would be a great way to open up the debate for fans and improve all our social diaries... :whistle:

I take it you haven't seen RM and FF (to a lesser degree).

I tend not to go onto RM these days, and haven't read the thread on FF.

You're always going to get criticism from RM, no matter what you do.

If people do want the meeting expanded then the people that they should be criticising are McColl and Murray.

One problem that the RST do have is an impression (perhaps unfairly) that the RST are on the side of Murray and McColl and therefore anything that shows them in a bad light will not be reported. That should be kept in mind when deciding what questions to ask and what to include in the minutes.

I think that's why there's been a fair bit of discussion about a Members Scheme where the Assembly is revamped to actually work properly in terms of representing the fans it claims to represent.

I'd also like to see the return of the Rangers Rally each summer. Something like a domestic NARSA event over one June/July weekend would be a great way to open up the debate for fans and improve all our social diaries... :whistle:

I love the idea of a return of the Rally but expanded to a weekend.