RST - Jim McColl and Paul Murray to meet three fan groups

Season ticket holder for nearly 10 consecutive years and not once been invited to a meeting

Yes but you'll have been represented by people from this forum and RM though... ;)

Seriously, email Jim Hannah and ask him if you can attend any future Ibrox Suite meeting. I think he often invites several 'random' fans so if you're pro-active you'll probably shoot to the top of his list.

I love the idea of a return of the Rally but expanded to a weekend.

Would require a lot of hard work and investment but I think there's real potential there for an event that could cover a lot of different bases.

GersPride and NARSA work well, so I'd be looking at combining the best of the talks/events from these primarily.

I tend not to go onto RM these days, and haven't read the thread on FF.

You're always going to get criticism from RM, no matter what you do.

If people do want the meeting expanded then the people that they should be criticising are McColl and Murray.

One problem that the RST do have is an impression (perhaps unfairly) that the RST are on the side of Murray and McColl and therefore anything that shows them in a bad light will not be reported. That should be kept in mind when deciding what questions to ask and what to include in the minutes.

I think you are correct Bluedell. Certainly, I think the vast majority of the RST Board are in favour of change but some need convinced that PM/ JM is the way to go. Talking to members at our AGM I think the feeling is the same. We had hoped that if we could set up meetings with both sides it may help those in the undecided category.

Would require a lot of hard work and investment but I think there's real potential there for an event that could cover a lot of different bases.

GersPride and NARSA work well, so I'd be looking at combining the best of the talks/events from these primarily.

Perhaps once the Club is sorted out it's something that could be worked on. BTW we are holding another Gerspride event in November, details to be released shortly.

Yes but you'll have been represented by people from this forum and RM though... ;)

Seriously, email Jim Hannah and ask him if you can attend any future Ibrox Suite meeting. I think he often invites several 'random' fans so if you're pro-active you'll probably shoot to the top of his list.

Can't remember when RM was last at a meeting. :lol:

Might give it a try, it's not that i'm a fame seeker but would like to ask questions as much as anyone, especially after all we've been through the last few years.

I think you are correct Bluedell. Certainly, I think the vast majority of the RST Board are in favour of change but some need convinced that PM/ JM is the way to go. Talking to members at our AGM I think the feeling is the same. We had hoped that if we could set up meetings with both sides it may help those in the undecided category.

Can we assume from that the RST have already decided on allegiance, as only some remain to be convinced that PM/ JM is the way to go ?

Can we assume from that the RST have already decided on allegiance, as only some remain to be convinced that PM/ JM is the way to go ?

Board members will have their own thoughts but as a Trust we have to get a vote from our members on who to support. At the moment, we are trying to ask questions of both sides so that we can give the members as much information as possible before asking them to vote. Put it this way, if all the Board are pro-PM and the membership comes back and says we want you to vote for the current Board, then that is what we have to do.

Board members will have their own thoughts but as a Trust we have to get a vote from our members on who to support. At the moment, we are trying to ask questions of both sides so that we can give the members as much information as possible before asking them to vote. Put it this way, if all the Board are pro-PM and the membership comes back and says we want you to vote for the current Board, then that is what we have to do.

Fair enough thanks.

I take it you haven't seen RM and FF (to a lesser degree). The only one that has access to call a meeting of the sort people are requesting is probably Jim Hannah and I don't think he'd be allowed to do that. Otherwise, how do you ensure a public meeting is free from non-Rangers fans?

I would ignore such forum criticisms plg. At least you are actually doing something rather than sniping from behind a keyboard.