RST - Jim McColl and Paul Murray to meet three fan groups

It appears we can't win. We organise meetings with the Rangers Board and meetings with the requisitioners and invite people to send in questions. The answers will then be reported back. What else do people suggest.

To be fair, I'm not so sure it's as much a criticism of you guys but more those that are arranging the meeting.

I think I've written before that McCollco would be well advised to hold an open meeting for season book holders to attend rather than limit it (rightly or wrongly) to fans who may be seen as already in the camp so to speak.

In saying that, I'm pretty confident those who attend will ask suitable questions and report back to the rest of us. Certainly the overall quality/scope of the questions and minutes of the recent club meeting were very good IMO.

It appears we can't win. We organise meetings with the Rangers Board and meetings with the requisitioners and invite people to send in questions. The answers will then be reported back. What else do people suggest.

To be fair, there's been minimal negative comments. I'd say that the silence from most could be taken as being a positive response.

Is it not the rule that if you haven't got anything bad to say about the RST, you should shut up? :D

You can't win with some, they will always criticise when they see the letters RST together.

Not suggesting anyone on Gersnet of course.

Unfortunately, the only way for anyone to reach the majority of the support is to go through the media, which loses us the opportunity to ask the questions we want rather than, say, Tom English or Keith Jackson want to ask. You have to decide whether you're happier with candidates talking to the Record or the RST.

If they had hours to spare they could do popular hustings, but there's no chance of that. The cops would probably ban them anyway, once Timothy got wind and dragged his obsessed feet along to see the goings-on.

In the absence of an overall body representing all Rangers' supporters I think it is a positive step that these three bodies engage in a discourse with JM & PM. I would strongly suspect that these three bodies do not think that they represent the full Rangers' support. However, if they meet and report publicly for the rest of the Rangers' support to see what took place, then I think we should be grateful for their representation.

To be fair, there's been minimal negative comments. I'd say that the silence from most could be taken as being a positive response.

Is it not the rule that if you haven't got anything bad to say about the RST, you should shut up? :D

I take it you haven't seen RM and FF (to a lesser degree). The only one that has access to call a meeting of the sort people are requesting is probably Jim Hannah and I don't think he'd be allowed to do that. Otherwise, how do you ensure a public meeting is free from non-Rangers fans?

There is other ways and other people to use, open answer on twitter, interview with STV, possibly rangerschat(Never listened so don't know much about it).

Will the three groups ask their members for questions to put forward?

I take it you haven't seen RM and FF (to a lesser degree). The only one that has access to call a meeting of the sort people are requesting is probably Jim Hannah and I don't think he'd be allowed to do that. Otherwise, how do you ensure a public meeting is free from non-Rangers fans?

By only letting in people with season tickets or share certificates. I think this would be the only answer to the questions you have asked.