SSN: Jim McColl Interview (16:30 with Jim White)

I think he said the fans groups whereas the minutes were talking about the wider fan base.

The perception that amongst the fans groups represented is that there is perhaps 50% general support for the group and 50% who at this time are not :

This is the quote I am referring to from the minutes - PLG that to me reads like its in respect of the groups represented at the meeting.

If I have mis-interpreted it and it does mean the general support then it still means he does not have the backing of all the fans.

I thought the RST told McColl & co at the meeting that their members seemed to be split about 50/50 or something to that effect?

I also thought that the RST were advertising that they were meeting both parties (the current board & McColl's group) and trying to remain as neutral as possible until they had more information for their members to base votes on.

That was my take on it as well Zap.

I notice in a few places the usual suspects are trying to find fault. You have to wonder what they actually want at the end of the day.

Surely not the status quo!!

Yes it makes wonder what their end game is, one group and one forum seem to wish the chaos to continue.

I notice in a few places the usual suspects are trying to find fault. You have to wonder what they actually want at the end of the day.

Surely not the status quo!!

Reading the thread again and I can only see one poster who seems to be anywhere near negative towards McColl i.e. Trueblue64. Am I missing something?

This is the quote I am referring to from the minutes - PLG that to me reads like its in respect of the groups represented at the meeting.

If I have mis-interpreted it and it does mean the general support then it still means he does not have the backing of all the fans.

Sorry D'Art, you are correct. I hadn't read the minutes properly.

as people have said the fact that McColl even went public and provided an interview shows his concerns and the fact that he is a fan and wants his team in the best hands. This guy made Clyde Blowers into a massive business, took them through 2 x IPO's (with 5% expenses, not 25%), is the biggest business man who has voiced an opinion on the current set up and what he visualises in the future.

His comments have to carry serious weight. McColl (his board) and King together, I think, as real Rangers men, would be a great ticket. I think if the Easdales can be persuaded there is still a place for them within the Club then they can get rid of Stockbridge and take over the ship tiller.

Can understand why McColl was nervous, moving himself into the limelight, which he is obviously not comfortable doing, some like that some do not, ie Whyte and Green loved it! If you read Jim McColl's bio you can't help be impressed about how he got started, pushed himself through further education and his business history from there. Doesn't seem to have made many bad decisions.

McColl didn't look nervous to me and agree the fact he was willing to appear on SSN speaks volumes in terms of what he's hoping to achieve.

Of course a few people will look to find any possible negative about the guy but having the likes of McColl involved (possibly to a greater degree in the longer term) should be seen as a good thing IMO.

Some people don`t seem to be able to grasp the fact that McColl isn`t getting involved for what he can get out of Rangers . I genuinely believe that both he and King have our club`s best interests at heart . You simply can`t compare them and their motives with these other chancers that have foisted themselves upon us .

It can be extremely frustrating that not everyone can see through them ! .