To me it seems a strange timing for an appointment. We could really do with a CEO and even more so to organise the AGM but the problem is that we have these weird contracts where he'll require a huge pay-off if we want to change to someone else if a new board is elected. I really hope we've given him a 6 month fixed contract in the first instance - which is what they are doing at my work.

It seems the current board have forced a CEO on the subsequent board which could change in just a few weeks. Couldn't they have waited? But then, common sense is not their style, and making power plays is.

To me it seems a strange timing for an appointment. We could really do with a CEO and even more so to organise the AGM but the problem is that we have these weird contracts where he'll require a huge pay-off if we want to change to someone else if a new board is elected. I really hope we've given him a 6 month fixed contract in the first instance - which is what they are doing at my work.

It seems the current board have forced a CEO on the subsequent board which could change in just a few weeks. Couldn't they have waited? But then, common sense is not their style, and making power plays is.

I think the problem with that is no one worth their salt would take the role on.

Why? What does the appointment of their second pick for CEO change?

Who was the 1st pick???

The DR would have you believe it was the guy from Dundee, yet the official statement would suggest Wallace was the clear favourite.....