Would people not agree that by getting Wallace and Somers on board, the days of overspending and leaking money to *you name them* will stop? I would assume that e.g. Ashley has his ideas about profitting in mind, as any decent enough businessmen would. Whether it is to e.g. his sole benefit though is open for debate. I can envisage that the likes of Easdale or Laxey look for making a profit from a rising share price ... though having said that, they would need buyers at a higher price too? King, for all his bravado, would have to act soon to get shares on a relatively low price, or facing the prospect that the current board is opposing the idea for a new share issue for the time being.

That said, Wallace managed to get Man City into the hands of some not so unwealthy sheikh ...

Whatever money they make will be from Rangers supporters.

Ahem ... sponsorship deals, TV deals, naming right deals and whatnot? Don't worry, I see your point, but doubt that they will - in the upcoming seasons - use e.g. ST money for much more than paying staff on and off the pitch.

Would people not agree that by getting Wallace and Somers on board, the days of overspending and leaking money to *you name them* will stop? I would assume that e.g. Ashley has his ideas about profitting in mind, as any decent enough businessmen would. Whether it is to e.g. his sole benefit though is open for debate. I can envisage that the likes of Easdale or Laxey look for making a profit from a rising share price ... though having said that, they would need buyers at a higher price too? King, for all his bravado, would have to act soon to get shares on a relatively low price, or facing the prospect that the current board is opposing the idea for a new share issue for the time being.

That said, Wallace managed to get Man City into the hands of some not so unwealthy sheikh ...

That would be the not unwealthy sheikh who bought Manchester City in 2008 and the Graham Wallace who joined Manchester City in 2009 would it?

i think we can discount the notion he doesn't know where the shares came from.

i think we all know they are just a reshuffling of spiv shares and they want to give the impression this changes things when it doesn't.

You seem to miss the point that Laxey have switched sides due to the recent board appointments.

So what is their plan for the future of the Club?

That's the problem in this day and age of instant news. I for one would assume that people just joining up will get themselves familiar with the options at hand and try to see what they can bring in as well. They won't broadcast the next boardroom meeting to the outside world though. And having said that, can we be sure what McColl and Co. have in mind is up to scratch or indeed will be done either? Most of us are on the egde, but we should give these new people some freedom for the time being.