Rangers Union of Fans meeting statement regarding London meetings

I agree Frankie, but we have said similar for a while. The question is how do we go about it?

I'm afraid I don't know the answer to that. Only this morning, one person has asked me to make a joke about the Murray's to prove I'm not converted to the req's cause.

Bizarre.

I do think some people are getting carried away on this thread.

We need to realise that we need to become a selling club to keep on breaking even, and stopping handing out big contracts to mates and buying players with no sell on value. The main thing we don't want to do is get into a lot of debt as we want to chase after other people, this will take years to rebuild and people shouldn't be looking for instant success.

I am sure people will still keep an eye on the board if they win and will let's us know as soon as something is going wrong, and they will have evidence rather than hear say

We need to realise that we need to become a selling club to keep on breaking even, and stopping handing out big contracts to mates and buying players with no sell on value. The main thing we don't want to do is get into a lot of debt as we want to chase after other people, this will take years to rebuild and people shouldn't be looking for instant success.

I am sure people will still keep an eye on the board if they win and will let's us know as soon as something is going wrong, and they will have evidence rather than hear say

Some people do need to calm down but evidence is clear with regard to Stockbridge yet still some defend his position and many fans would prefer he was removed. This hasn't happened so far so is just one sign of our impotence in terms of affecting change.

Meanwhile the club have said nothing to ease our fears in terms of other concerns.

It's astonishing how naive your post is. We were powerless to stop the last two owners from fucking the club up yet you think we'll be able to prevent it happening again. People can keep an eye on the board all they want but we're powerless to influence it. Even when clear wrong doing is pointed out some supporters refuse to see it. Look back just a couple of years, we'd some fairly influential fans groups backing Craig Whyte to the hilt right up too the very end. There is no evidence to suggest that can't happen again, too many people are worried about personalities rather than the facts that are staring them in the face.

At the end of the day the process was simple enough for all involved: achieve influence via communication with investors and fans, as well as buying up shares and being elected openly via an AGM.

I am ready to stand corrected, but I heard that when the req's were declared a 'concert party' (meet the gang cause the boys are here...YOU IS A POOFTER, WHAT IS YOU?? A poofter, sarn't major...) it meant that to buy up shares (as they are frequently berated for not doing) would have meant paying the maximum price the shares had ever been.

I'm not sure the sight of Charles et al swanning off with 80p a share, paid for with money that ought to be invested in the club, would have convinced many of the req's financial acumen.

So what? What on Earth good would that do? Keeping an eye on Stockbridge hasn't helped, or Green (that's not why he "left"/took a small step back_) nor would it ever any of their kind. Marching against/boycotting etc won't make a blind bit of difference to them either. We need them out.

we need to buy first. or scout. or have an effective youth team.

thats 18 months our current board have been running us for and none of thats in place.

but they are getting top dollar for doing nothing.