Our Chief Executive said yesterday we would have to cut back with our spending which has been too high since we began life in the bottom tier last season.

With the club allegedly losing £1 million I'm just wondering how these costs will be cut. I know Ally has said he would take a substantial paycut and I'd imagine the rest of the backroom staff will be doing the same but the only other way I can see Wallace making the cuts required is to sell our best players (Wallace, MacLeod) or get rid of the high earners at the club.

Remember there is more to the clubs wage bill than the playing squad....

Granted the players will be on the highest wages, but the club need to look at all its other staffing costs & procedures to see where areas could be streamlined. Cutting the playing budget could be a bit of a false positie - yes it will reduce the wage bill quickly, but it also reduces the teams ability to win games, which therefore reduces potential income opportunities.

Edited by Darthter

Everyone quotes us as losing £1 million a month as if it's written in stone , my reading was that we had massive one of costs that dramatically distorted the losses that we posted , yesterday could have proved answers to these questions , unfortunately they weren't asked and the FD forgot to bring the figures to the AGM anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Granted the players will be on the highest wages, but the club need to look at all its other staffing costs & procedures to see where areas could be streamlined. Cutting the playing budget me be a bit of a false positie - yes it will reduce the wage bill quickly, but it also reduces the teams ability to win games, which therefore reduces potential income opportunities.

The cost of the boardroom should be the first expense looked at but it will be the last.

It sounds like it unfortunately. Both have been great servants and I'm not sure we would get any more than £1 million for Wallace.

This had always been our Achilles heel , whilst other clubs always manage to get decent fees for bang average players we sell our top players for buttons , Martin Bain was an expert at it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Granted the players will be on the highest wages, but the club need to look at all its other staffing costs & procedures to see where areas could be streamlined. Cutting the playing budget me be a bit of a false positie - yes it will reduce the wage bill quickly, but it also reduces the teams ability to win games, which therefore reduces potential income opportunities.

Isn't there a suspicion that a lot of contracts for ancillary services were given to associates of Green and co, who are being paid more than an economic rate for those services?