Arsenal use a 150 question questionnaire which was produced by Jacques Crevoisier - if a player fails the test Arsenal wont take him. I was told this directly from Crevoisier who still consults with Arsenal and is good friends with Wenger. It is all about whether or not a player can be coached or not. The questionnaire filters out those who dont have enough "coachability" or arent smart enough. There was an article about it in the Daily Mail (I think) a few years ago.

If it is good enough for Arsenal I see no reason it shouldnt be good enough for us

Cheers. Out of interest I'd like to see the questionnaire.

He didn't have the best of relationships with Ally McCoist by all accounts. I'd suggest that had a big influence in his departure

McCoist was the archetypal player who achieved so much more than his limited ability. McCoist was good but he wasn't gifted, yet through hard work, listening, learning, persistence and dedication he became one of the most successful players in our country's history and the most popular player of his generation.

I can see why McCoist could have a problem with a young player who has every advantage and opportunity but lacks the application or work ethic to achieve.

If every Rangers player emulated McCoist's work ethic as a player they'd do okay.

Cheers. Out of interest I'd like to see the questionnaire.

I dont have the questionnaire (he never showed us it) but here is the article about it in the Telegraph : http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/8348363/Arsenal-v-Birmingham-City-revealed-the-117-questions-that-decide-the-fate-of-aspiring-Gunners.html

He's playing in English League 1 for a side sitting in tenth place already 20 points behind the leaders

Coventry started the season -10 points, so had they not they would be 5th and in the play offs, therefore Id say they are doing pretty well.

TBH I forgot who Fleck was playing for these days, but I have been keeping an eye on their score every weekend to see how they are doing and I'll be reading a bit more from now on to see how Fleck is getting on.

Id say things were probably unfair on him, he played a few matches and showed some glimpse of quality and all of a sudden he was going to be the next Rooney, it was so far off it was unreal. The only comparison he had with Rooney was build, looks and a tough tackle.

Arsenal use a 150 question questionnaire which was produced by Jacques Crevoisier - if a player fails the test Arsenal wont take him. I was told this directly from Crevoisier who still consults with Arsenal and is good friends with Wenger. It is all about whether or not a player can be coached or not. The questionnaire filters out those who dont have enough "coachability" or arent smart enough. There was an article about it in the Daily Mail (I think) a few years ago.

If it is good enough for Arsenal I see no reason it shouldnt be good enough for us

I think a lot of ours would struggle to answer 50 questions never mind 150.

Another issue might be - are the coaches smart enough to teach the players?

BTW is this guy Jacques Crevoisier related to Emmanuel Courvoisier much loved by a certain Napoleon Bonaparte (allegedly)?