The only way out of this nightmare is for us to individually buy as many shares as we can while they're dirt cheap, then sell them at cost to a group or individual in the future who ticks all the boxes. This avoids all those daft financial rules about parties. Plus, in this view, if you didn't like the white knight, you wouldn't have to sell.

27p, that's £27 for 100 shares, I think? Hmmm. Might be a long term project.

The only way out of this nightmare is for us to individually buy as many shares as we can while they're dirt cheap, then sell them at cost to a group or individual in the future who ticks all the boxes. This avoids all those daft financial rules about parties. Plus, in this view, if you didn't like the white knight, you wouldn't have to sell.

27p, that's £27 for 100 shares, I think? Hmmm. Might be a long term project.

Very long term I'd say.

At that level the cost (£5-£10) would be disproportionate plus it would need 650,000 of us or 1,000 to do it 650 times.

It's all very well in principle Andy but as the RST experience shows it would be extremely difficult if not impossible to achieve in the real world.

Let's assume for a minute that those who contributed to the £250,000 that RST raised to buy 357,000 shares (and note that almost half that number of shares have been sold in 17 trades today, not the RST shares I stress, so far as we know, of course; just demonstrating the comparative size of the holding [0.5%]) were the people most likely to buy shares on a group basis. For every £1,000 that such a person has invested he now has £385. Is such a person going to invest another £1,000? Sure, again in theory that averages down the cost of his holding to 48.5p; but would you take the risk? What about the other 12%-13% of fan shareholders, will they buy more? I suppose Mr McCoist might but how many more would join him?

If we're going by one game, how about our only competitive loss of the season? The team was:

Gallacher; Hegarty, McCulloch, Faure, Wallace; Black; Mitchell (Aird 46), Crawford, Macleod (McAusland 74), Templeton (McKay 99); Little.

There's a new film called The Wolf of Wall Street which is pretty much about a guy and his stock brokerage firm making a fortune out of buying really crap stocks and shares for clients by telling them it's the best opportunity since sliced bread. It doesn't matter to the brokers if the shares are crap or likely to tank/disappear because they always make their commission and in fact, they make a massive commission on the low-priced shares market where all the crap shares are traded, but they take it to a new level by selling crap shares in massive quantities. I'm not saying there's a direct correlation, but it's interesting to note that the next step up for the brokers from cashing in on selling shitty stock was to move into the IPO market and start launching new companies onto the market to make their filthy lucre in a slightly more respectable manner.