It's the Sun so hopefully as untrue as many of their stories, but...

It's not irrelevant if people are still blaming Murray for what's happened since. There was a risk no matter who he handed over to. The people that arrived since make Murray look like a saint.
Handing over to Whyte was slightly more risky than most possibilities.

It's not as if this all happened overnight it's been a chain of reactions starting with the Murray mismanagement.

Say what you like about Murray but if you gave him 20 quid for a ticket he spent it on players.

He didn't divvy it up among his mates then try to get the players to take a pay cut.

On players we could barely afford if at all.

He made plenty of money from Rangers through his other companies

Handing over to Whyte was slightly more risky than most possibilities.

It's not as if this all happened overnight it's been a chain of reactions starting with the Murray mismanagement.

Show me a Scottish football club that isn't/hasn't been mismanaged. The major issue (the big tax case/bank) was mainly outwith his control. Our debt was serviceable, Lloyds thought otherwise due to a possible massive tax bill. So unless you're blaming him for a tax avoidance scheme, that was legal at the time, and proved to be used legally, I don't see the big evil he committed.

Show me a Scottish football club that isn't/hasn't been mismanaged. The major issue (the big tax case/bank) was mainly outwith his control. Our debt was serviceable, Lloyds thought otherwise due to a possible massive tax bill. So unless you're blaming him for a tax avoidance scheme, that was legal at the time, and proved to be used legally, I don't see the big evil he committed.

I blame him for a bank taking control of the us. If it was all normal why were Lloyds not in charge at more football clubs?

Handing over RFC plc to be liquidated isn't a big evil? Seriously?

I blame him for a bank taking control of the us. If it was all normal why were Lloyds not in charge at more football clubs?

For some unknown reason, HMRC decided to use us as the test case, before they went after bigger fish. This is why Lloyds had the urgency to get their dough back. Whyte didn't get us for pound. Lloyds got their money, just like banks always do in the end. That's how I saw it. Blame it all on Murray if it helps you sleep at night.