Take a step back and check what BH wrote. Me too, BTW. He could have snapped up shares all along but did not. He could have had a vital say by buying shares long before the AGM but chose not to. For his own reasons. Add to that the baggage he has with the RSA folk. Money is all fine and if the clubs needs it, they will sure come back to him.

Maybe we look upon the silence from the board from a more positive direction?

just how many shares do you think he would have to have bought to have a "vital say"?

This is the bit I cannot understand. With the share price as it is why isn't he buying shares the way the likes of Laxey and Prior did ? Surely with his alleged wealth that would be loose change to him to gain even a 5% shareholding

Because owning 5 percent gets you no where and changes nothing.

This is the bit I cannot understand. With the share price as it is why isn't he buying shares the way the likes of Laxey and Prior did ? Surely with his alleged wealth that would be loose change to him to gain even a 5% shareholding

One explanation might be that he's all talk.

Hundreds of thousands of shares have been traded daily, e.g. 140,000 today, 250,000+ on Thursday or Friday; he could have amassed 3,000,000 in 2/3 weeks, no danger.

the requisitioners had 30% and got nowhere with an agm/egm.

i repeat owning 5% gets you nowhere.

He could join with the requisioners and try to persuade some of the other investors to his cause. Even if he had to pay a premium on the current price to get his stake up to say 10%, he would still have change out of £5M.