Yes he could but if he doesn't buy any shares in the open market, there is no point that I can see in going bleating to the Sun about not having any influence etc.

My point was that he could spend a few mil on shares now to get some influence and still have more than enough left over to put directly into the Club via a new share issue.

He could spend 10 million on shares and would still have zero influence.

He could spend 10 million on shares and would still have zero influence.

Let's see ...

Damille Investments II Limited holds 859,521 shares through Schweco Nominees Limited.

859,521 = 1.32%

Current buy price is roughly (rounded-down) 25p.

By simple maths he'd get 40m shares for his 10m or 61% of all shares about. Methinks once he gets through the 31% mark, he's required to offer a price for all shares anyway? And you tell me that he would not get any influence for 10m? I'm sure no business brain and the above is a touch far fetched, but honestly, all and sundry invested in the club and gave their proxy to Easdale and Co.. King could likewise have invested in shares and gave his proxy to the requisitioners at the time. No doubts about that. He did not invest in shares though, just war-drummed a little and went off again. Like he does these days.

Let's see ...

Damille Investments II Limited holds 859,521 shares through Schweco Nominees Limited.

859,521 = 1.32%

By simple maths he'd get 40m shares for his 10m or 61% of all shares about. Methinks once he gets through the 31% mark, he's required to offer a price for all shares anyway? And you tell me that he would not get any influence for 10m? I'm sure no business brain and the above is a touch far fetched, but honestly, all and sundry invested in the club and gave their proxy to Easdale and Co.. King could likewise have invested in shares and gave his proxy to the requisitioners at the time. No doubts about that. He did not invest in shares though, just war-drummed a little and went off again. Like he does these days.

The only thing we know for sure, is King is a better businessman than you or I, or anyone noob on an internet forum. If he didn't do as you're suggesting, you can be sure there is a damn good reason for it. All this 'war drumming' could be part of his plan, for all we know.

At the very least, he's keeping the pressure on the board, to deliver what they said they would. We can't keep relying on people like King to bail us out, because we don't have the balls as a support to deal with these scumbags ourselves.

They've robbed us blind, and they still have a measure of support among us. I'm not sure what people like King can do about that way of thinking.

Let's see ...

859,521 = 1.32%

the requisitioners had 29% and got no influence.

your also ignoring what buying up shares would do to the price. for a start whn you got to 30% you would have to start paying 90p.

as i say and forlan points out while easdale/green/whyte/ahmed/blue pitch whatever you want t call the axis of evil has 51% you could happily spend 10 million and change nothing.

except the value of their 51%

At the time, i.e. from March 2013 onwards, as I pointed out, the "then-board" did not have 51%. King could have bought up shares (who were instead bought by hedge funds, Laxey and all) and thus "weakened" the "evil axis'" strangehold all along. He chose not to.

At the time, i.e. from March 2013 onwards, as I pointed out, the "then-board" did not have 51%. King could have bought up shares (who were instead bought by hedge funds, Laxey and all) and thus "weakened" the "evil axis'" strangehold all along. He chose not to.

they have always had 51%.

they simply are not that daft.

i think the mistake your making is you are seeing a lot of shares moving and assuming they could be bought by king but for example ahmeds shares moving to easdale dowesnt change the 51% and king wouldn't be allowed to buy those.

also some shares have moved several times. the axis are very careful to retain complete control. if one sells up it's to another one. they have to or otherwise the whole plan could fail.