All it would do is damage the Club even more; it wouldn't drive the current Board out, in fact it would just give them another excuse to lend the Club more money and then do a further debt for equity swap thus increasing their degree of control.

I'm not totally against the idea of a boycott but have reservations, some similar to your own. However if there was to be one, it would require clear and realstic aims and objectives.

I'm not sure that we as a support could agree on these aims and if everyone is boycotting for different reasons it will be difficult to achieve anything.

To all intents and purposes Sandy Easdale IS on the Board. How much of a Chinese Wall do you think there is between him and his brother.

Agreed. The only reason why he isn't actually on the plc board is his conviction but he's a director of the club and is acting a shadow director of the plc.

It wasnt ? So what did he actually get out of it then ?

To be honest, I am bewildered that you can consider someone investing money into something and getting nothing back can be considered anything other than lost.

At that time when he invested, SDM had those grand moonbeams of taking over the world so I am sure that King would have expected a return on his money, or at least to receive the principal back.

When you invest in a company's shares on the stock market.... you assume that they are using it for something, yes ? To progress the company, capital projects, working capital, whatever the case may be. So, tell me, when you invest in these companies do you expect a return on your money ? If not, then I sure hope you dont have a pension plan.

Maybe you didn't get my point? If he invested in the company that is a football club, he did so via shares and wanted to improve what? The team, the stadium, the facilities et al? At the time. Now, what did he get in return back then? What did he expect?

A better and successful team? He got that. If so, he invested his money in transfer fees, wages and the like. He expected that this money would be gone at the end of the day, don't you think?

Invested in infrastructure, upkeep, Auchenhowie or whatnot. All is still there and just got UEFA's seal of excellence. So that was money well spent, even though he did not get any bricks et al for it. Or has no claim for it in shares. In a way, it is much like you buying your ST and wish that this money isused for the club. At the end of the season, you normally don't view it as money lost either, no matter whether you win something or not. At least that is how I view King's involvement back then. He had the money, he wished to burn it on the club he loves and so be it.

Maybe you didn't get my point? If he invested in the company that is a football club, he did so via shares and wanted to improve what? The team, the stadium, the facilities et al? At the time. Now, what did he get in return back then? What did he expect?

A better and successful team? He got that. If so, he invested his money in transfer fees, wages and the like. He expected that this money would be gone at the end of the day, don't you think?

Invested in infrastructure, upkeep, Auchenhowie or whatnot. All is still there and just got UEFA's seal of excellence. So that was money well spent, even though he did not get any bricks et al for it. Or has no claim for it in shares. In a way, it is much like you buying your ST and wish that this money isused for the club. At the end of the season, you normally don't view it as money lost either, no matter whether you win something or not. At least that is how I view King's involvement back then. He had the money, he wished to burn it on the club he loves and so be it.

King's investment came in 2000. Are you seriously going to suggest that the team, the stadium and facilities have improved since then - or even that they improved in the short term ? We DID get Auchenhowie, but King's 20 mill was part of a 53 mill injection, so, using simplistic maths, circa 40% of Auchenhowie was paid for by King - the main objectives according to SDM at the time were "to continue to improve performance on the European stage whilst increasing revenue through existing and new media, including the internet". It would be an incredible stretch to suggest we have seen any of that happen to any significant extent. It appeared that King's money was a capital injection and, thus, not intended for short term team improvement.

Dave King very clearly said this was a "capital investment" and the very definition of investment is that it is "the use of money with the object of making a profit".

Dave King lost his money - you can spin it as many ways as you like to suggest otherwise but he lost his money.

All it would do is damage the Club even more; it wouldn't drive the current Board out, in fact it would just give them another excuse to lend the Club more money and then do a further debt for equity swap thus increasing their degree of control.

I like the idea that ST's be paid into a trust and those collective monies be transferred to the club once Ibrox is secured against the ST funds. Excellent idea.

Don't forget the membership scheme that the Club were pursuing.

That could go into a trust too, under similar terms, perhaps secured against Auchenhowie.

Time to act.