As it stands it's my feeling that no matter how many thousands have signed up, very few people will actually particpate in a pay-as-you play ST Trust scheme because almost certainly it will mean losing your seat.

Also we do need to hear a lot more than just I'll invest £20 million (or however much) if there is a new share issue.

Not sure that all this has been very well thought out.

As it stands it's my feeling that no matter how many thousands have signed up, very few people will actually particpate in a pay-as-you play ST Trust scheme because almost certainly it will mean losing your seat.

Also we do need to hear a lot more than just I'll invest £20 million (or however much) if there is a new share issue.

my thoughts exactly....many fans are blindly following King based on a substantial investment he made 20-odd years ago. King has wealth, he is also a fan, but before folk blindly follow, they should know exactly what his plans are, and how he hopes to implement that plan.

What is King's log term goal for the club??? Simply saying that he "wants to compete with Ceptic again & stop 10 in a row" isn't enough IMHO - that is just playing to the fans. How does he see the setup of the club?? How does he plan to increase revenue??? These are the really important questions. If his plan is to simply throw money at the team, then eventually we will be back in the same position we were 3-4 years ago.....

The problem with this is that the blue cards will already be printed with just more King=good, Board=bad promotions on it and no detail. If we are to get behind King in earnest we need to hear his plans. too many times already we have been told to get behind a good bluenose like Paul Murray, McColl, Blue Knights, etc only for their plans to be nothing more than bluster and blazer chasing when it came down to it without the cold hard cash to back it up.

King has to get the right plan, and tell us about it if he wants the majority to go along with him. I am pretty certain most Bears tomorrow will hold up the cards, just like the red cards earlier this season, but a large number doing so without conviction due to a lack of information.

It is too easy to say the current board are bad and King is the only alternative, but surely we can learn from the last few years that this should not be a done deal. Anyone remember the argument that Craig Whyte must be better than David Murray because he is a bear. Or that Charles Green talks a good game and must be good. Or that the Blue Knights are great because it is all bears. McColl is a bear, we must get behind him.

I tentatively welcome King's move here, and I have seen enough of Easdale, Laxey etc to know a bad egg when I see one, but 2 + 2 = 4 doesn't work out as simply as it looks when it comes to our club.

If King were to come out and say that his plan is to get as many ST holders as possible on board with this "in trust" scheme to solely put pressure on the Institutional Investors to realise they are backing the wrong horse and back King's plans, call an EGM and remove Easdale & Chrichton (Somers too if we are up for it!) and put King in to work with a new board and start to arrange for the next share issue that would be a start. However the "trust" in my view must be available for Bears to take their money out before the first game of the season to buy their ticket if by then it is clear that this is doomed to failure. I believe there is more chance of a large number of Bears signing up to this if they have the fail-safe of being able to buy their book before the first game so as to safeguard their seat/area and not lose it. If the plan is to release money to the club on a game by game basis then I dont believe many bears will sign up to that as everyone likes their own seat they have had for years and wont want to lose it for a random seat each week.

Big decisions to be made and I truly hope that King gets this right. It may be the only chance he gets.

hes said he will also put the 20 million in trust or whatever the figure is it's not just him investing.

What's this nonsense about losing your seat? Who is going to take it? There is no waiting list, there are plenty seats available at every game. Anyway are we not willing to do this to save our club in the long run?

What's this nonsense about losing your seat? Who is going to take it? There is no waiting list, there are plenty seats available at every game. Anyway are we not willing to do this to save our club in the long run?

It's not nonsense at all.

There has always been a cut off point, if you do not renew for a one off payment or set up/continue to pay by instalments by the set deadline then you are at risk of losing your seat if someone else comes along and pays for it.

An ST Trust does not equal saving the Club.

The problem with this is that the blue cards will already be printed with just more King=good, Board=bad promotions on it and no detail. If we are to get behind King in earnest we need to hear his plans. too many times already we have been told to get behind a good bluenose like Paul Murray, McColl, Blue Knights, etc only for their plans to be nothing more than bluster and blazer chasing when it came down to it without the cold hard cash to back it up.

King has to get the right plan, and tell us about it if he wants the majority to go along with him. I am pretty certain most Bears tomorrow will hold up the cards, just like the red cards earlier this season, but a large number doing so without conviction due to a lack of information.

It is too easy to say the current board are bad and King is the only alternative, but surely we can learn from the last few years that this should not be a done deal. Anyone remember the argument that Craig Whyte must be better than David Murray because he is a bear. Or that Charles Green talks a good game and must be good. Or that the Blue Knights are great because it is all bears. McColl is a bear, we must get behind him.

I tentatively welcome King's move here, and I have seen enough of Easdale, Laxey etc to know a bad egg when I see one, but 2 + 2 = 4 doesn't work out as simply as it looks when it comes to our club.

If King were to come out and say that his plan is to get as many ST holders as possible on board with this "in trust" scheme to solely put pressure on the Institutional Investors to realise they are backing the wrong horse and back King's plans, call an EGM and remove Easdale & Chrichton (Somers too if we are up for it!) and put King in to work with a new board and start to arrange for the next share issue that would be a start. However the "trust" in my view must be available for Bears to take their money out before the first game of the season to buy their ticket if by then it is clear that this is doomed to failure. I believe there is more chance of a large number of Bears signing up to this if they have the fail-safe of being able to buy their book before the first game so as to safeguard their seat/area and not lose it. If the plan is to release money to the club on a game by game basis then I dont believe many bears will sign up to that as everyone likes their own seat they have had for years and wont want to lose it for a random seat each week.

Big decisions to be made and I truly hope that King gets this right. It may be the only chance he gets.

As per #32 I agree with most all of this except that I think I am right in saying that the ST deadline is usually some way before the start of the season, from memory within a few weeks or a month at most of the renewals being issued. Also those on DD's would have to cancel and then what happens if they can't afford to pay it in all at once to the Trust, will it accept DD's? The season is usually started before folks like me on DD have paid in full (Aug/Sep).