use of the word allegedly should negate legal action. There is a reason newspapers use spurious headlines with " marks and 'allegedly'.

Lowlife neds. SERIOUSLY? This cannot go to court. Jesus I've heard mates call each other worse ffs. This is getting beyond the pale.

“easedales gangster fucks” – this statement implies our clients are criminals.

and for the last one...erm...no comment :whistle:

That would not surprise me in the least gs.

Could the SOS message not have been delivered with equal effect with the comments section disabled ?

im not sure thats possible on facebook. but im surprised that even under these circumstances you would support stiffling free speech. not your style at all i would say.

though free speech certainly isnt best served by calling them gangsters and such of course.

in truth i think we all know easdale wants the sos shut down all together which is worrying in it's self imho. a gagging order against a fans group ffs. can you imagine is murray had got a gagging order for the rst before they reveled his plan to sell ibrox.

use of the word allegedly should negate legal action. There is a reason newspapers use spurious headlines with " marks and 'allegedly'.

Lowlife neds. SERIOUSLY? This cannot go to court. Jesus I've heard mates call each other worse ffs. This is getting beyond the pale.

and for the last one...erm...no comment :whistle:

former ganster fucks?

I don't understand how some cannot see the ridiculousness of these letters. The legal precedent this could set is scary. Whether you agree with Craig or not, big business should not be able to stifle the complaints of the general public purely because they can afford to.

This (for me) isn't solely about Rangers. Easdale winning this (if Craig backs down, or it goes to court) sets a scary tone. If you don't like the Offensive behaviour at football bill, I sincerely hope you are not backing this action.

mark dingwall has intimated follow follow will not be gagged under any circumstances.

very strongly intimated.

FF isn't a public forum strictly speaking because you need to log in to even view the content.

One of the main characters in HBO's excellent Boardwalk Empire (you'll remember, that's the show set in 1920s America, about the gangster who poses as a businessman, with an irredeemably stupid younger brother who served time in prison, as his side-kick) is a young Al Capone. Al Capone was also a sociopath who often acted in an impulsive, self-destructive way and often sought revenge with no regard as to how this would impact on himself or his gang.

I would highly recommend the show, even if parts of it may seem depressingly familiar.

im not sure thats possible on facebook. but im surprised that even under these circumstances you would support stiffling free speech. not your style at all i would say.

though free speech certainly isnt best served by calling them gangsters and such of course.

in truth i think we all know easdale wants the sos shut down all together which is worrying in it's self imho. a gagging order against a fans group ffs. can you imagine is murray had got a gagging order for the rst before they reveled his plan to sell ibrox.

The problem is its not really free speech - its defamatory comments made by individuals who will not pick up the bill for it - someone else will viz Craig.

You are right - I would be the last person to acquiesce to silencing, but you cant champion free speech when its based on clearly defamatory comments.

Whilst I dont agree with Craig on several matters - I would defend his right to criticise the board & the Easdales where appropriate. A truly Voltaire moment.

The comments Lord Watson has highlighted are not criticism though, they clearly are defamatory.