It is hard to see how comments on a football related facebook page could damage Easdales business. The movers and shakers of Scottish business aren't going to be checking out SoS facebook page when deciding whether or not to do business with him.

I doubt if very many of us would care whether either of the Easdale brothers personally embarrass themselves under normal circumstances, but if they embarrass themselves while acting as Rangers directors, then it obviously reflects badly on the whole Club and that's something which most of us DO care about.

Now, for any Rangers director to be taking legal action against Rangers fans because they've been getting called a sp1v, other derogatory remark or having the p1ss ripped out of them because of their greasy hair on a forum or facebook page is utterly ridiculous and not only embarrassing for said director/s, but embarrassing for the whole Club.

Stockbridge tried pulling this legal action tripe as well, having his lawyers threaten Rangers fans and sites/forums with legal action because of relatively trivial comments.

This sort of nonsense actually makes you wonder who's advising these Rangers directors to act like this against the Club's fans because it's not a prudent course of action for the directors themselves or for relations in general between the Club and the fans.

Could it be that Jack Irvine is advising the bus bros (and previously Stockbridge too) to take legal action against Rangers fans for silly comments posted online?

Or could it be that legal threats and intimidating people is simply the modus operandi of certain transport tycoons with rather large egos and dodgy barnets?

Were they actually the ones advising Stockbridge to threaten legal action against Rangers fans?

So many questions!

sons of Struth

11 mins ·

WARNING TO POSTERS ON FB PAGE

Having received new lawyers letter threatening further legal action today, I have removed further posts by others. I had earlier deleted some posts and more since receiving this email. The points that caused offense contained in this latest legal action threat are listed below

Post by N$%*& Johnston at 12.47am on 24 March 2014:

“they would have burnt your house down - allegedly. Now its court action. I think you could describe this as "1st stage evolution" in the Easdale family. Next thing they'll be telling us is that they were suits to work so they can't be lowlife neds - allegedly. BTW they're bluffing. Also read this http://ukhumanrightsblog.com/.../articles-index/article-10/ As long as its not lies then you're fine. NO SURRENDER”

Post by B&^* H*%^$& at 11.11am on 24 March 2014:

“Fuck off Andrew n fuck off easedales gangster fucks - fucking embarrassing these guys have managed to associate with our club - any rangers fan who is happy or supports these guys being involved with rangers needs help and with that am off - keep fighting the good fight Craig uve Obviuously got these clowns rattled”

Examples of the defamatory content are as follows:

- “they would have burnt your house down” – this statement implies our client has or is likely to have committed the crime of arson;

- “lowlife neds” – this statement is clearly intended to portray our clients in a disreputable light and in doing so incites further derogatory comments of this nature; and

- “easedales gangster fucks” – this statement implies our clients are criminals.

I would urge posters to consider their posts prior to publishing as i will need to ban any user who continues to post defamatory remarks about Mr Sandy Easdale.

Their lawyer has requested contact details for the posters above but as I am unable to obtain these then please forward to

Prof Peter Watson

Levy & McRae

266 St Vincent Street, Glasgow, G2 5RL

peterwatson@lemac.co.uk

0141 307 2311

no doubt yahoos are at this now. though plenty of rangers fans hate them in fairness.

This is the thing I think some are missing. The comments were deleted and an apology was made. Craig merely refused to sign a gagging order which would essentially shut down SOS.

And some people are DEFENDING this action by Easdale? Away with yourselves.

If sb and BM are correct, then a lot of this thread is irrelevant.

What we have is someone who effectively runs Rangers using the threat of ruin to gag a fan whose activism he would like to see halted.

That, if true, is indefensible for a person in his position.

I don't see any way back for Easdale.

Did this site sign a gagging order or did it just agree not to allow the offending words.

Gersnet has signed no gagging order and as far as I'm aware has not been asked to sign any such thing.

no doubt yahoos are at this now. though plenty of rangers fans hate them in fairness.

That would not surprise me in the least gs.

Could the SOS message not have been delivered with equal effect with the comments section disabled ?