The RFFF wasn't set up to fight individuals battles for them

I doubt I care much for the opinion of someone that only 2 weeks ago called our manager a c*nt. Maybe Ally's lawyer should have sent you a letter.

It's not about an individual. Even this very forum has had several warnings from his lawyers. People like you that defend this crap give me the dry boak.

Maybe we've finally found a use for the money in the Rangers Fighting Fund account - use it to pay for Craig's defense lawyer.

Also to keep it fair the fund could pay for a decent Irish for Complainant, one that doesn't look like he's glued bits of road kill to his heid.

I doubt I care much for the opinion of someone that only 2 weeks ago called our manager a c*nt. Maybe Ally's lawyer should have sent you a letter.

It's not about an individual. Even this very forum has had several warnings from his lawyers. People like you that defend this crap give me the dry boak.

As per the rules what I said in that one post got removed and I apologised.

All I've said that it's between the Easdales and SOS, I don't know Craig Houston and I don't especially care for his group's methods so why should every single fan suddenly be expected to unite behind him like some sort of angry mob?

It's not just me I know at least one guy that's said he'll want to look into getting his donation back if the RFFF starts getting used for stuff like this

As per the rules what I said in that one post got removed and I apologised.

All I've said that it's between the Easdales and SOS, I don't know Craig Houston and I don't especially care for his group's methods so why should every single fan suddenly be expected to unite behind him like some sort of angry mob?

It's not just me I know at least one guy that's said he'll want to look into getting his donation back if the RFFF starts getting used for stuff like this

How would you feel if Ally started dishing out lawyers letters to forums and Facebook pages? I'd imagine you'd be the first on here crying about free speech and your entitlement to an opinion. Some of the stuff that you and others say about him are much more damaging to his reputation and possible future job prospects. Ally takes it on the chin, because he's a man, and he understands that it goes with the territory. Apart from that, he knows that it's just not the right thing to do. Biting the hand that feeds you is never a good move, no matter what shite they post on the internet.

Can I point out for the record that Craig Houston isn't "guilty" of anything. There has been no trial, no evidence has been presented, no jury selected and no verdict delivered.

Mr Easedale feels he has been libelled, that doesn't mean he has been, that's for others to decide, not him.

It's also worth pointing out that libel is a very tricky thing to prosecute in Scotland, juries are rarely sympathetic to the more powerful party, that's just human nature. Go ask the News of The World and Tommy Sheridan.

What's punitive here is the use of the threat of legal action. You'll get no legal aid help so it's the very high and very real costs of lawyers that's the first issue here. Being threatened in that way if you won't sign a gagging order is disgraceful, how anyone can attempt to justify that baffles me.

Mr Easedale is a long time resident of the West of Scotland, he must have known what becoming a director of Rangers brings profile wise, it's a Faustian Pact and he's being very badly advised just now.

How would you feel if Ally started dishing out lawyers letters to forums and Facebook pages? I'd imagine you'd be the first on here crying about free speech and your entitlement to an opinion. Some of the stuff that you and others say about him are much more damaging to his reputation and possible future job prospects. Ally takes it on the chin, because he's a man, and he understands that it goes with the territory. Apart from that, he knows that it's just not the right thing to do. Biting the hand that feeds you is never a good move, no matter what shite they post on the internet.

The equivalent to the McCoist stuff would be if people were simply calling the Easdales bad directors, when you get into the territory of accusing people of criminal behaviour without producing evidence to back it up we're talking a different game. Ally would have every right to do the same if posters were accusing him of taking bungs from agents for example.

Like I said I'm not backing the action, I'd just rather see what a court decides or if they could reach some sort of agreement.

I find that a very strange idea. Since when does the role as director of the club gives people the right to abuse them left, right, and centre ... and have them assume that this is utterly fine and lawful? Not just talking about Easdale.

Since football began, at least in this country. Look at Wallace Mercer, Fergus McCann, the Kellys, Michael Johnson, Stewart Milne, John Thingy at Motherwell, even Bill someone at Meadowbank Thistle years ago (Spiers recounted his fall back when he was a real writer). It goes with the job and if you can't take it get out. That's life!

Sweeping statements are rarely accurate but I am at a loss as to how anyone can defend this action.

People might have some sympathy with public figures who are abused were they not of poor previous character, were they not presiding over a shambles, and were they not doing impressions of celtc fans running Rangers.

Can I point out for the record that Craig Houston isn't "guilty" of anything. There has been no trial, no evidence has been presented, no jury selected and no verdict delivered.

Mr Easedale feels he has been libelled, that doesn't mean he has been, that's for others to decide, not him.

It's also worth pointing out that libel is a very tricky thing to prosecute in Scotland, juries are rarely sympathetic to the more powerful party, that's just human nature. Go ask the News of The World and Tommy Sheridan.

What's punitive here is the use of the threat of legal action. You'll get no legal aid help so it's the very high and very real costs of lawyers that's the first issue here. Being threatened in that way if you won't sign a gagging order is disgraceful, how anyone can attempt to justify that baffles me.

Mr Easedale is a long time resident of the West of Scotland, he must have known what becoming a director of Rangers brings profile wise, it's a Faustian Pact and he's being very badly advised just now.

You have to hope that some high profile fans will publicly step up - as they did not before - and offer financial help.