Looking back on this forum it appears the RFFF idea came direct from the club via Jim Hannah along with the Assembly:

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?40268-Rangers-Fans-Fighting-Fund

I think the committee was then decided as part of the meeting mentioned in the original email in that thread. Like I say, I think volunteers were requested from those present at the Ibrox Suite.

So this was a limited invitation to the Secretaries of various organisations and thus the committe was drawn from that limited group; which has been recognised on numerous occasions as only representing a small minority of fans.

On the other hand from the explanations given on here it would appear that the NARSA executive represents all its member organisations. As has also been expressed by barca any executive is normally charged with dealing with that organisation's day to day business.

Incidentally and going back to the subject at issue; the purpose of the monies is clear from this statement "The Rangers Fans Fighting Fund will allow supporters to make cash donations that will directly affect the Club now and will go a long way towards helping secure its future."

That's a decent summing-up.

I think the NARSA statement was out of order and will be damaging to their reputation, but it is a properly organised democratic organisation accountable to its members.

The RFFF, on the other hand, has no members and when it calls for a vote the question has to be asked - what is the qualification to actually have a vote?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

A very reasonable question.

Do they have the name and address of everyone who contributed?

Guest calgary_bluenose

The latest from NARSA:

RFFF Update Statement - Meeting with RFFF‏

Hello Hello!

Further to our recent statement and clarification emails related to last week's RFFF proposal, I can confirm that we have been invited to a meeting with members of the RFFF on Monday at 4pm UK time. Until we get a chance to speak with RFFF on Monday, we will be holding off on the seven resignations and/or monies returned requests that we made in our original statement.

We will not be corresponding on this topic until after this meeting, and we'd ask that our members also refrain from using the List to continue debating the matters at hand.

In the meantime we have a cup to win on Sunday!

Follow Follow!

NARSA Executive